Chapter 30

The next day, Piers walks back into town to record, hears a commotion near Brighton Hall.

"Are those?" 

"Yeah, I think that's them." 

"The Subway Bosses?"

"I thought they were banned from the CC?" 

"Why do we care about the CC?" 

Piers chuckled at the last one, truly he had the same question, why are these people flocking about the twins like they're Leon? Pushing through a bit, he sees Ingo and Emmett casually walking and talking like they aren't being surrounded on all sides. Then they smile and adjust their stance. 

"ALL ABOARD! FOR ADVENTURE!" They yell, smiling and standing back to back pointing to the crowd. Piers smiled and laughed as the crowd looked at them smiling and clapping and as the two looked around Piers made eye contact with Emmett whose eyes got wide and Piers crossed his arms smiling all knowing. Soon, everyone in the crowd dispersed except for Piers, who was still smiling. 

"Still not in Galar cutie?" Piers said, walking up to Emmett who was fidgeting with his fingers. 

"Uhhhhh-"

"The Conductors Convention isn't my surprise?" Piers said, smiling smugly. 

"I can explain." Emmett said nervous. 

"Explain away." 

"I was trying to keep the surprise a surprise. I was planning on seeing if I could sneak out one day and hopefully, go to Spikemuth but then it turned out that I wouldn't be able too." Emmett said looking at the floor. 

"Oh, I'm sorry cutie." Piers felt bad, Emmett had planned on surprising him and he couldn't do it anymore. 

"No, no. It's fine you're here right in front of me after all." Emmett said smiling. 

"I know. May I join you today?" Piers said hopeful. 

"But don't you have to record today?" Emmett said confused. 

"I can skip a day. Ingo, may I join you two?" Piers asked the other just in case Emmett was about to ask. 

"Of course. It be fun to have you here today." Ingo said, knowing what's going to happen, making Emmett laugh. 

"Alright, you got both votes and they say to come with us. Let's go." Emmett said. 

"Alright, let me text Aaron real quick....and done." Piers said quickly texting his manager and walking with the two into the hall. He was walking and talking with them into the hall and having fun until he heard something that upset him. 

"...those two are annoying brats who know nothing of trains!" 

It was definitely Harry's voice. 

Ingo and Emmett immediately stop talking and stare at the door, they know that's where they have to go to convince people to create the battle train. Piers grabs their attention. 

"You guys okay?" He says. 

"As good as we can be. We have to go into the Lion's den and one of them is hungry for a reason to discredit us." Emmett said staring at the door.

"And he openly dislikes us." Ingo said, completing that thought. 

"How do you know it's about you two?" Piers asked, and before either of the twins could say anything, the voice answered his question.

"...Those subway bosses have no idea what they're talking about their ideas aren't worth the time! Nobody will ride those trains! Piers is out of his mind thinking those two are trustworthy of anything but failure!" Harry said. 

This infuriated Piers. Not that he was being called insane, that Harry was dissing them like this. Without thinking, Piers grabbed Tempo's pokeball and called him out. Emmett and Ingo stepped aside so he could open the doors, but before he walked in Emmett grabbed Piers hand. 

"Don't do anything too crazy. Don't use Physic." He said. 

"I wont cutie." Piers said, lifting his hand to kiss the back of Emmett's hand and then walked inside. 

"HARRISON!" Piers yelled fuming at the Head Conductor. As soon as the door opened and they heard the scream, the crowd quieted. 

"Ah, Piers what a-"

"Tempo." Then the Malamar used Night slash that flew right next to Harry. 

"How dare you?" Piers said darkly, walking up to the scared Conductor. 

"Wha-" He started but Piers grabbed his shirt before he could finish his sentence. 

"How dare you speak of them like that?! How dare you speak of the Subway Bosses like that?!" Piers said screaming. 

"Piers, good sir, there's been some misunderstanding. These two wish to make a train that people can battle upon while travelling. It'll disrupt the peace of the tracks." Harry said hoping that'll calm Piers down.

"Really?" Piers said glaring daggers at the guy shaking in his boots.

"Yes, it disrupt the peace of the tracks and nobody would ride the train, wasting money for everyone. It won't be able to compensate for Dynamax, Mega evolution, Z-moves, or Terastralizing." Harry said, thinking he's calming him down. 

"And is there a problem with no gimmicks?" Saying Piers who was determined to prove to people that anyone can fight without the help of Dynamax. 

"Uhhh-" Harry responded knowing the danger he put himself into. 

"Is. There. A. Problem. With. No. Gimmicks. Harry?" Piers said slower. 

"N-no sir." Harry said terrified. 

"Then what's the problem with the train?" Piers said snarling. 

"T-the peace would be disturbed?" Harry said confused. 

"What peace?" Piers said. 

"T-the peace of a t-train." Harry said scared. 

"So you say. But have you seen how happier people are in the battle train? Have you?" Piers said. 

"No." Harry said. 

"Then don't knock it until you see the results yourself!" Piers yelled, finally letting go of Harry and before he walks away he looks at Harry and whispers 

"If I hear you were dissing either of them again, I won't be so nice next time." then he walked away. 

Piers walked back to the twins standing in the doorway looking shocked and then started smiling when the counsel went back and started talking about the goods of a battle train. As soon as the door closed and they were alone, the twins stopped. 

"Thanks Piers, for sticking up for us." Ingo said. 

"Thank you." Emmett said smiling at Piers. 

"Anything for you guys." Piers said. He wasn't lying. He'd do anything to make sure Emmett's happy, and seeing Ingo happy makes Emmett happy. 

"Alright, I'm leaving. You two just kiss already." Ingo says as he walks away making both turn red. 

"So?" Piers said, waiting for consent and Emmett laughed and grabbed Piers and pulled the rock star towards him, kissing him. 

"Thank you for that love." Emmett said as he walked away, Piers stunned, at the words of his crush.