Chapter 37

"Go, Liepard!" Marnie yells. 

"Go, Elektross!" Emmett yelled. 

"Liepard, Nasty Plot!"

"Elektross, Thunder Wave!" The Liepard thinks of what it's going to do as it gets hit with the Thunder wave making it unable to move. 

"Liepard, Fake out!" But the Liepard couldn't move. 

"Thunderbolt!" And it hits the Liepard. 

"Fake out!" And this time the pokemon moves. 

"Elektross!" And it hits. 

"Gastro Acid!" And it hits the Liepard. 

"Damn, Snarl!" Marnie yells hoping to lower Elektross' attack and it crits. 

"Damn, Elektross, you okay?" Emmett yells as the Elektross gets up. 

"Didn't do much damage, you've gotta hit him better than that. Gastro Acid!" But the Liepard dodges it. 

"Snarl!"

"Discharge!" They yell at the same time, but the Liepard gets affected by the paralysis it already has and got hit by the discharge. 

"Gastro Acid!" Emmett yelled not giving the Liepard a moment to get up, but somehow it manages to dodge. 

"Snarl!" 

"Discharge!" And the moves collide dissipating them both. 

"Thunderbolt!" and the Liepard dodges. 

"That's one fast Liepard you've got." Emmett said. 

"Yep. Already, Fake out!" and the Elektross fails to dodge. 

"Still need more damage. Discharge!" And it hit the Liepard and crit but it manages to get up. 

"And refuses to stay down. Fake out!" Elektross dodges. 

"Nor do we, thunderbolt!" And the thunderbolt hits this time but the Liepard still gets up. 

"Gastro Acid!" 

"Snarl!" 

The Gastro Acid crits the Liepard but it still gets up while the snarl dissipates on the acid. 

"Thunderbolt!" And it crits and the Liepard stays down. 

"Liepard!" Marnie yells. 

"One down." Emmett says. 

"Toxicroak!" Marnie says. 

"Oh, so Gastro Acid won't work. I get it." Emmett said. 

"Elektross, Thunder wave."

"Toxicroak, Venoshock!" As the Thunder wave hit the Toxicroak which then hits the Elektross. 

"Thunderbolt!" and the Elektross lands a crit and the Toxicroak can't move. 

"Again!" He yells and this time it doesn't crit. 

"Toxicroak! Damn you Emmett, Sucker Punch!" 

"Thunderbolt!" 

The thunderbolt hits first and crits making the Toxicroak fall for good. 

"Woah. That was faster then I thought." Emmett said feeling slightly bad. 

Marnie didn't say anything, she just called her next pokemon. 

"Scrafty! Brick Break!" She yelled and the Scrafty came out and crit the Elektross that then doesn't get up.

Emmett laughs. "You finally got my Elektross out. Good job Elektross, get some rest." 

"Garbodar, Focus Blast." Emmett said taking out his Garbodar that he didn't use during the battle which comes out and crits the Scrafty. 

"Again!" 

"Crunch!" 

The Focus Blast crits again and so does the crunch. The Scrafty is looking desperately beat up. 

"One more time!" 

"Scrafty! Dodge!" And this time it does. 

"That's fine, then finish this with Venoshock!" And the Venoshock hits the scrafty and it crits and the scrafty falls. 

"3-1" Emmett says, smiling. He's going easy on Marnie, but she doesn't need to know that. 

"Morpeko, Torment."

"Focus Blast!" 

The Focus Blast hits the Morpeko and crits while the Morpeko used Torment. 

"Fine then, Venoshock!" 

"Bullet Seed!" 

The Venoshock hits and crits again making the Morpeko go straight into the ground. 

"Morpeko is 2x weak to fighting. It was lucky that it crit and I just had to hope that the Venoshock hit before I used it again because of the Torment." Emmett says. 

"Grimmsnarl. Max Starfall" And it comes out and grows large and the move hits the Garbodar and it falls.

"Unlike my brother, I use Gigantamax." Marnie said as the Misty terrain appeared. 

"I see. However, I don't. Excadrill, Poison Jab" and it comes out and crits the Grimmsnarl that stumbles a bit. 

"Grimmsnarl! Max Knuckle!" 

"Dodge and use Poison Jab!"

The excadrill dodges the Max Knuckle and hits the Grimmsnarl again.

"Max Knuckle!" 

"One more Poison Jab! Dodge it!" Emmett yelled. 

The excadrill dodges again and crits the Grimmsnarl and it goes down, shrinking in size.

"Any more pokemon Marnie?" Emmett asked. 

"...No. You win." Marnie said, deflated. 

"Excadrill?" Emmett asked and the Excadrill nodded and drilled away as Emmett ran over to Marnie.

"Hey, you did amazing out there. You're really strong." Emmett said smiling. 

"You're stronger then me though. You beat Diantha." Marnie said. 

"True, but honestly, I didn't think I'd beat Diantha. I'd thought I'd lose to her. But you're not her. You're you and you put up one hell of a fight. That Liepard of yours was a pain in my butt." Emmett said laughing. 

"Really?" Marnie said. 

"My elektross doesn't know any moves to counteract your Liepard. I was counting on Thunder wave to do it for me." Emmett admitted. 

"Yeah." Marnie said. 

"Come on, you're brother looks like he's about to explode if he doesn't get to talking to one of us." Emmett said. 

"I have an idea." Marnie said smiling stupidly. 

"Hm?" Emmett said

"You want to mess with him?" Marnie asked. 

"All day." Emmett answered. 

"Go get ready for your date. Don't worry. I'll keep him distracted." Marnie said making Emmett smile. Then he ran to his room. 

"HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!" Piers yelled at him. 

"To get ready." Emmett said, running faster. 

Then his Excadrill came back and gave Marnie and flower and ran after his trainer.

"Oh hey, bud." He said returning the Excadrill back to it's ball and fan to his room and Marnie distracted her brother. This was fun.