You Have Everything You Need

In the process of self-growth, you reach a point where you have everything you need inside of you. When you've gotten really good at meeting your needs, you are often presented opportunities to give them up. This shows up as old habits that tempt you or test you. They essentially show up out of the blue and make you begin to doubt your own resolve.

These moments welcome in the potential for insecurity, self-doubt and self-blame. When this occurs you begin to feel out of alignment and will have further difficulty staying in a space of elevated peace of mind.

Remember, you have everything you need inside of you.

If the opportunity presented takes away or reduces one of your needs, think long and hard before engaging with it. For example, if a partner you thought you needed comes out of the blue, ask yourself: "what need were they fulfilling for me?"

If you find that you've been fulfilling that need on your own and you "want" to see them you, by all means make a life choice. If you find that you haven't fulfilled that need and desperately want them to, perhaps pause on the action until you've met your own needs first.

Go where you need before you go where you are needed. It is pivotal to take care of your own needs before you are able to meet the needs of others. So often we think that meeting our own needs is a selfish act. Yet, it is actually a self-less act.

If you're able to meet your own needs, you are prioritizing your mental, emotional and physical well-being. You are ensuring that when you show up for others you are operating at your highest level. As a result, you are able to stay present and focused and exhibit a greater capacity for care.