Chapter Seven (EDITED)

Anger

Anger. Guilt. Sadness.

Those three words described perfectly how Severus Snape was feeling at this current time. After his little spat with Potter in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potter's words had clung to him. That one sentence still repeating over and over in his head, never-ending, like time. 'At least I don't have a murderer for a sister'.

They say that there are five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Severus had dealt with all of these over the past 12 years. Grief when he had found his Lily laying lifeless at the once happy home in Godric's Hallow as he cradled her in his arms terrified of letting go. Anger when he had found out that Sirius Black and his wife, his own sister had betrayed their so called friends. Bargaining when he went to Dumbledore to seek help, to help him escape the hell he had been trapped in, more specifically the Deatheaters and The Dark Lord. Depression when he remembered Lily, when images of that fatal night ran through his nightmares. And finally, acceptance when he finally accepted the fact that Lily was gone and was never coming back, as was his sister. She was locked away in Azkaban for the rest of her days with her spiteful, twisted, wicked husband.

As Severus Snape sat in the leather, dark green armchair in his personal chambers, his thoughts drifted to when he and his sister were inseparable. They had been joined at the hip since birth. The first memory being their first day at Hogwarts; the sorting ceremony.

Silvia and Severus Snape stood next to each other, squeezing each other's hands reassuringly as they waited nervously for their names to be called by Professor Mcgonagall to be sorted. "Sirius Black!" Professor Mcgongall called, whispers were heard from the Slytherin table. From what Silvia had been told by some people she had met on the train; The Black family were apart of the sacred 28.

Mcgonagall placed the sorting hat on the boy's head 'Another Black aye? Interesting...you boy are different compared to the rest of your family. You're cunning yes, but have a knack for mischief..I know just where to put you... GRYFFINDOR!" The sorting hat shouted.

The Great Hall had gone uncomfortably silent. A few gasps could be heard from the Slytherin table. No Black had ever been sorted into Gryffindor before.

Silvia locked eyes with the boy, the boy had gone deathly pale and a nervous look had etched its way across his face. Silvia gave the boy a sympathetic look despite her dislike to him. Severus scowled and nudged her playfully. Earlier that day on the Hogwart's express he had made fun of Severus by calling him 'Snivellus'. Their friend, Lily Evans had introduced the three to a group of boys. One of them being Sirius, as soon as he heard Severus' name he immediately began laughing and name calling him. A boy with black hair had also joined in on the teasing. Silvia had told him to piss off and grabbed Severus' hand, walking off to another compartment, Lily following shortly after.

The name in which Professor Mcgonagall called next made Silvia, especially Severus stand up straighter then they had been before. "Lily Evans!" The red-headed girl, eyes of emerald walked up to the stool, a smile etched across her face.

"Oo, a muggleborn with gifted talents. GRYFFINDOR!" The girl stood up off of the stool and began walking over towards the Gryffindor table, not before giving a glance to Severus and Silvia. As soon as the hat had decided that she was a Gryffindor something unknown had washed over Severus' face. Silvia was a little bit disappointed of course but not as much as her twin appeared to be. Severus had only hoped he was sorted into Gryffindor.

Professor Mcgongall spoke again, "Remus Lupin!"

A sandy-haired boy, with what looked like a scar etched across half his face approached the stool, the boy's cheeks had flushed red and he began to play with his hands.

This boy had been with the group of boys who had picked on Severus earlier, except he had just sat there and tried to convince his friends to stop.  For that Silvia had taken a slight likeness towards him. The Sorting Hat was put onto his head as Silvia waited with anticipation. She was rather curious about what house the boy would be placed into. She had a feeling that it would be Gryffindor. She didn't know why, she couldn't explain it but she had a feeling that this boy had had bravery far more than most people, as if he had been fighting something for a long time. But what was it?

Shaking Silvia out of her thoughts, Professor Mcgonagall spoke again "James Potter!"

A boy with short black hair walked up to the stool confidently. The boy who had joined in with the teasing with Black who had made fun of Severus. Just as the sorting hat touched his head it shouted "GRYFFINDOR!"

Next was a rather plump boy, his face reminding Silvia and Severus of a rat. Severus had remembered that this boy had also made fun of him on the train. The hat was placed yet again on top of a head, "Curious.." spoke the hat, "You have bravery in you but you also have a mind of deceitfulness..GRYFFINDOR!"

What the hat had spoke about the boy made Silvia's curiosity grow. What had the hat meant? Surely it wasn't accurate, after all it was just a hat. This thought played on her mind.

"Severus Snape!" Silvia's heart skipped a beat.

It was time for her twin to be sorted, she turned to him and gave him an encouraging smile. Severus walked up to the stool and sat down. The hat now upon his head. "Different..very different. You are intelligent, yes..brave oh yes, very but you take risks. You are extremely cunning too..SLYTHERIN!" shouted the hat. Severus glanced at Silvia, smiling when he saw her clapping for him excitedly. He walked to the Slytherin table, immediately being welcomed by the Slytherins.

"Silvia Snape!" Mcgonagall spoke, giving a smile to the girl as she walked up to the stool. She quickly glanced back at Severus, he too was giving her an encouraging smile just like she had to him. Silvia sat down on the stool, thoughts flying all over the place, jumping slightly when the hat spoke.

"Calm yourself child, it's ok. Intriguing..very..you are unpredictable. You do anything for the people you love. But you are also like your brother, very cunning and very deceitful. You shall do well in..SLYTHERIN!" Severus had never smiled so much in his life, hearing that his twin sister had gotten into the same house as him was reassuring. He wasn't going to be alone after all. As soon as Silvia sat down next to Severus, she too was welcomed by the Slytherins.

Severus almost smiled at the memory. Emotion daring to cloud across his deep, onyx eyes. But he refused to give in. For after all his sister was just a traitor..wasn't she?

A/n:This warmed my cold heart a little. Hope you enjoyed!
Remember to vote and comment <3

 Hope you enjoyed!Remember to vote and comment <3