Chapter Fifteen

A/n: Double update!

"Broaden your minds" spoke Professor Trelawney dramatically

Harry gazed at the crystal ball boringly as Ron snored next to him. He listened as Trelawney went on, "The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the inner eye. Only then can you see, try again"

Harry snapped his head up and sat up quickly as Trelawney made her way over to their table. Ron also jolted wide awake just as Trelawney began speaking to them, "Now, what do we have here?"

"Ooh!" exclaimed Hermione as she continued, "Do you mind me trying?" Trelawney looked at her almost as if she was judging her as Hermione spoke again, "The Grim, possibly." Ron and Harry looked at her as if she had three heads, how on earth did she get here?

Trelawney stalked closer to her, taking her hand as she started to speak, "My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class.." she brought Hermione's hand up, studying her palm gently, "I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination."

Trelawney gestured to Hermione's palm as she continued, Hermione glaring daggers at her, "There you see, you may be young in years but the heart beats as if it was as shrivelled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave"

Trelawney tapped Hermione's hand and looked at the girl sympathetically. Hermione snatched her hand away from her grabbing bag and standing up, pushing the crystal ball off of the table as she did so. Harry and Ron watching it roll as Hermione stormed out of the classroom.

Trelawney looked at the two boys questioningly before asking, "Have I said something?"

The boys just shrugged and Trelawney went back to teaching.

~~~~
Harry and Ron were having a conversation as they strolled down the stairs of the North Tower. Ron currently speaking, "She's gone mental, Hermione has! I mean, not that she wasn't always mental. But now, it's out in the open for everyone to see!" he muttered the last bit.

"Hang on" Harry said suddenly as he crouched down and picked up the crystal in which Hermione had pushed off of the table earlier when she left.

"We better take this back." stated Harry, looking at Ron.

Ron gave him a odd look before speaking, "I'm not going back"

Harry huffed, "Fine, see you later."

"See you" replied Ron

Harry trudged back up the stairs, finally reaching the classroom once again. He entered it wearily as he glanced around for Professor Trelawney. She was nowhere in sight as he placed the crystal ball on the table which stood at the front of the class.

As he was about to turn around and head back out, the ball caught his eye. He glanced back down at it curiously, something or rather people appeared in it. They looked like Sirius and Silvia Black. They kept on whispering his name.