Chapter Fourteen

A/n:I love memes 😭

Unable to sleep, Harry was up wide awake and playing around with the Marauders Map

Unable to sleep, Harry was up wide awake and playing around with the Marauders Map. Harry almost shat himself when the ginger-haired boy opposite him shot up gasping and whining.

Ron was mumbling all sorts of things, before he looked up at Harry his face still alarmed and began stuttering "S-spiders, they want me to tap dance! I don't wanna tap dance"

Amused, Harry pointed his lit up wand at him before speaking, "You tell those spiders, Ron"

Nodding his head, clearly tired as hell Ron agreed whispering "I'll tell them.." over and over before putting his head back on his pillow and immediately snoring again.

Harry smirked at the sight before him before eating more liquorice wands and studying the map more. He paused as he saw the caretaker, Mr Filch wandering round the corridors. 'Looking for students to shackle up' Harry thought, snorting before continuing to unfold more parchment which was apart of the map.

About to take another bite of his liquorice wand, he paused. His face went as pale as a sheet. Madame Rosemerta's and Fudge's words playing back in his mind, Peter Pettigrew was on the map. But how? After all he was dead. Sirius Black and his wife killed him.

Suspicion and curiosity swarming his thoughts, Harry sat up, put on his shoes and ventured out into the corridors of Hogwarts. Just like his father.

As Harry wandered the eery, vacant corridor his wand illuminating the way, he could hear the surrounding portraits snoring away. That was until he was moaned at by a few of them, "Put that light out!"

"Sorry" he whispered and pointed his wand back towards the map. He was on the hunt for Pettigrew. Harry squinted his eyes in confusion before pointing his wand up and then back at the map, Peter Pettigrew was supposed to be here. 'Where is he?' wondered Harry.

Harry darted his wand left, right and centre in hopes of spotting Peter. On the map, Peter was getting closer and closer which made Harry slightly panic. As his breathing increased, Pettigrew passed Harry on the map. Harry looked up and caused himself to jump as he screamed. He had been spooked by his reflection. Harry spun around violently trying to figure out where Pettigrew had gone.

"Watch it there, boy" one of the portraits spoke before another followed, "Oi, we're trying to sleep here" another agreeing, "Yes, we are"

'Crap' Harry thought. Snape was coming his way rather quickly, Harry pointed his wand towards the map and muttered "Mischief Managed" and "Nox"

"Potter." started Snape monotonously, "What are you doing in the corridors at night?"

Harry struggled for words, with no hesitation Harry answered him calmly "I was sleepwalking"

Snape rolled his eyes, "How extraordinary like your father you are Potter, he too was exceedingly arrogant. Strutting about the castle"

This pissed Harry off a tad as he replied, "My dad didn't strut. And nor do I" before adding, "And, if you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you could lower your wand"