Chapter Twenty-Eight

a/n:i'm so sorry, my lovelies! i completely forgot to update yesterday lol

Silvia felt a flood of emotions flow through her as she sat beside her brother at the staff table, taking in the Great Hall's warm, homey feeling as a sense of nostalgia flowed through her. Next to her, was an empty seat. Mad-Eye was yet to arrive, he would be the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher this year. As much as Silvia would have loved it if Remus was still here, Moody would be fun to have around too. Merlin, she had missed this place.

Her eyes scanned the Great Hall, skimming over each of the four Hogwarts Houses' tables filled with students. Her eyes landed on Harry and his friends who were sat at the Gryffindor table. Never in a million years did Silvia Snape-Black think she would be back at Hogwarts, a professor at that.

Fate worked in mysterious ways.

Silvia watched as the line of nerve-stricken first years entered the Great Hall with Minnie -or rather Professor McGonagall- leading them, and came strolling along, almost shaking as eyes of fellow students fell upon them.

Silvia felt a little pity for the children as they had appeared to have swam across the Black Lake rather than sailed the poor kids were shivering. Bless them.

The line of first years came to a halt as McGonagall placed a three-legged stool in the ground and on top of it, a dirty, tatted old brown wizard's hat. Poor Silvia and a few others jumped as the hat suddenly burst into song, Severus snorted quietly from beside as she sent him a glare. You would have thought that having been to Hogwarts for the full seven years, she would have been used to it by now. Clearly not, being in Azkaban for so long prevented that, ever since she and Sirius hadn't gotten out of that hell hole, she had been increasingly jumpy. The nightmares certainly weren't helping her either.

'A thousand years or more ago,

When I was newly sewn,

There lived four wizards of renown,

Whose names are still well known:

Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor,

Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,

Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,

Shrewd Slytherin, from fen,

They shared a wish, a hope, a dream,

They hatched a daring plan