Chapter 9 - To punish with a Kiss

Noah :

As I looked up at Lily, sprinting straight towards me with a huge grin on her face, I winced. We had been playing for almost twenty minutes now and it's fair to say that she was totally kicking my ass. "Time out, time out," I huffed, holding my hand up and waving it in the air.

Trying to catch my breath, I stared as Lily jogged over to me, a mischievous grin on her face. "Dude, what's up?" She smiled, "I thought you were fit."

Smirking, I raised my eyebrows at her. "You thought I was fit?" I asked, wiping the sweat off my brow and walking towards her.

I laughed as I saw her cringe. "Oh man, why do you take everything I say out of context?" She huffed, quickly sliding her eyes down to my chest, and then back up to my face.

Holding my hands out to the side, I twirled on the spot. "I can't blame you gorgeous. Have you seen this physique?" I laughed, pointing down to myself with both hands. "Oh wait. Of course you have, your ogling it right now."

Biting back a laugh, I watched amused as Lily snapped her head up. The whole time I had been talking, it was clear to see that her attention had been, elsewhere. "You are so up yourself," she snapped, shoving the ball in my direction.

I caught it with ease, grinning at Lily as I did so. "Temper, temper," I whispered as I walked past her. "You should learn to vent your anger in other ways."

Tucking the ball under my arm, I smiled to myself as I walked across the field towards the bench where Jen, Dean and Pete were sitting. Even from a distance, I could tell that Jen and Dean looked mightily uncomfortable. Pete, on the other hand seemed completely oblivious. His eyes hadn't left Lily since he had arrived here, and that just pissed me off slightly. I didn't like the way he was ogling my girl. Holy shit, I thought. My girl? Since when is she my girl?

All of a sudden, I felt a hard slap at the back of my head. "Owww!" I yelled, reaching up and rubbing the back of head. "Lily!"

"Race you!" I heard her laugh as she sprinted past me, a huge grin on her face.

"Lily! You better run fast," I yelled, securing the ball under my arm and kicking off, flicking up dirt as I raced after her.

While I was behind her, I took the opportunity to gaze at her physique from the perfect angle. I watched the way her blonde hair flowed behind her, being picked up by the slight breeze. Her arms and legs pumped fast, catapulting her across the field at an amazing speed. It was easy to see why she had been given a place on the soccer team. My gaze slid up to her rear, and I felt a wave of desire course through me as it flexed beneath her tracksuit. I don't know what it is, but even in sweats and a baggy t-shirt, Lily can get my blood pumping. Well, that's enough of that. I could stay back here and gaze at her all day, but I can't have Lily beating me twice in once day. So, with one last look at her ass, I smiled and began to pump my arms faster, overtaking her easily.

"Come on slow coach!" I yelled over my shoulder as I darted past. "I thought you were fit."

But no sooner had the words left my mouth when I noticed that I was almost to the edge of the field, and fast approaching the bench where the others were sitting. I slowed my pace down, getting to a slow jog while I reached the last couple of yards. Just as I was about to call over my shoulder to Lily, something slammed in to my back, almost knocking me off my feet.

"Woah..." I yelled, just managing to keep myself from falling in to a crumpled heap of limbs on the floor. "Lily, seriously?"

I just hear her laughing behind me. Swivelling around, I find her standing there, a huge grin on her face. "Sorry," she smiled. "I kind of overshot it. I needed something to stop me from crashing in to the bench."