Chapter 26 - Bittersweet Goodbye

**MORE INFO: Just to let you know, I still have three exams until I finish this year at university so updates will be a little slower from now on but don't worry, they'll still be coming. Probably once/twice a week is what I'll be able to manage. Maybe three times if I find myself with a spare few hours. Anyway, as always I hope you like the chapter! :)

Photo: Jackie

Song in the last scene for this chapter: Kiss you, by One Direction

.................................

(Solely) Noah POV:

The following day, everyone was in a pretty miserable mood. It was Sunday, meaning Jackie and Dick were flying back home to Michigan to do the last minute preparations for their wedding. After walking through the busy airport to the check in desk, Lily and I waited as Jackie and Dick went to check in their bags.

"You okay?" Lily smiled up at me, wrapping her arm around my waist.

"Yeah," I mumbled back, staring at the floor. "It's just that I don't get to see them very often and it kinda sucks that they're leaving so quickly."

"Well, you know, they are getting married," she said, leaning up to kiss me lightly on my nose. "They probably have a few things to do, so they can't just stay here and go bowling all the time, no matter how happy it makes Jackie."

I could hear the amusement in Lily's voice, and I could tell she was trying very hard not to rub it in my face that her and Jackie had beaten us last night, by a pretty hefty difference. Sighing, I turned towards her and smiled softly. "I know you're dying to say it, so lets just get it over and done with, shall we?"

She looked up at me innocently, like she didn't know what on earth I was talking about. So I arched an eyebrow at her and nodded, telling her to get on with it. "Okay fine, but I swear this is the last time," Lily laughed, stepping away and staring up at me.

I watched as she did a little happy dance, shuffling her feet and moving side to side. "Beat you college boy! Kicked your ass!" She grinned, as she flapped her arms up and down.

The desire to laugh was almost impossible to resist, but so far I was just about managing it. But as she did a little disco move and turned on the spot, I couldn't hold it in any longer. A laugh burst out of me, and Lily stopped what she was doing and turned to face me. She was smiling at me proudly, with a look of satisfaction on her face.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" I asked.

"It's nothing," she shrugged, although the little smile was still there. "It's just that you were unhappy, and I made you laugh. I like to make you laugh Noah."

Looking over at her, I felt such a stong pang of gratefulness and love. Lily always knew what to do to make me happy, and that was one of the reasons I knew there would never be another girl like her. Reaching out, I grabbed her jumper and pulled her towards me.

"Woah," she cried out as I grabbed a hold of her.

I bit back a laugh as she tripped over her own feet and went flying in to me. As she crashed against my chest, I wrapped my other arm around her and held her upright. "You are so clumsy," I grinned affectionately.

"I am not clumsy," Lily huffed, pushing the hair out of her eyes and frowning up at me. "That was your fault. You pulled my jumper and - "

Chuckling softly, I lent down and pressed my lips against hers, silencing her mid sentence. After a brief second I felt her pull back and huff out an annoyed breath. "Don't think you can just kiss me and I'll -"