Chapter 21 - To Feel The Unexpected

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter, it's another big step in their relationship! I'm aiming for this one to show the extent of their feelings, in particular Noah so I'm hoping this comes off as really sweet and genuine. As always, please vote/comment if you do enjoy it. Okay, well I'll see you on the other side! :)

Photo: Lily

Song: Fix You, by Coldplay (I could not write this chapter without listening to this song over and over again. Also, I picture this song in the very last scene).

...................................

Solely Noah POV:

The city lights reflected off the shop windows as we all walked to the Italian restaurant. There was a slight chill so I wrapped my arm around Lily's waist and pulled her against me. "Having a good day so far?" I whispered in to her ear, a small smile crossing my lips.

"I'm having the best day so far," she whispered back, the sincerity in her voice warming me to the core.

As she snuggled in closer to my side, I couldn't believe how things had changed for me. The talk back at the apartment with Dean and Dick had really put it in to perspective. I had a girl that made me feel like I was worth something, and truthfully, I was afraid that she would wake up one day and only see the guy I used to be. Sighing, I pulled her in tighter, savouring the feel of her body heat and wishing I could never let go.

"Are you ok?" I heard her ask, sounding concerned.

Looking down at her, I smiled and nodded. "Are you kidding me? I'm wonderful!"

"Well I'm glad college boy. You deserve to be," she whispered quietly, looking up at me with those beautiful  grey eyes that I had come to love.

Kissing her lightly on the top of the head, I wondered how she seemed to instinctively know when I was thinking about her. It seemed to be one of her many talents, but not the best one. My mind drifted back to the first time I heard her singing with her guitar. Her voice was so beautiful, and I think that was the first time I knew, that Lily would always be the girl for me.

Suddenly, a loud laugh came from behind me and I looked over my shoulder to see Jackie smiling up at Dick, her eyes betraying how happy she was. And the way he was looking back at her, was something that made me sure that those two were meant for eachother, just like Lily was meant for me. I caught Jackie's eye and nodded slightly, an understanding passing between us. Ever since we were teenagers, we've wanted eachother to be as happy as we both could possibly be. And right at that moment, we both knew that we had found what we had been looking for.

"Alright sis?" I grinned, winking at her.

"I'm awesome bro," she winked back, wrapping her arm around Dick's waist as he guided her through the busy street.

"Looks like we're here," I said to Lily, pointing to the restaurant which looked extremely busy. "Uh-oh, looks like we weren't the only one's who had this idea tonight."

"There's no way we're gonna get in there," she muttered, shaking her head slightly.

All of a sudden, I felt a heavy weight on my back and I fought to stay upright. Smiling to myself, I could recognise that giggle anywhere. "Jackie!" I shouted, "You almost made me faceplant the sidewalk."

"I know," she laughed loudly, "That's what I was aiming for, but alas, it was not meant to be."

"You're so annoying," I mumbled, as she wrapped her legs around my waist and held on tight.