Chapter 12 - The first date never ends

Lily:

I walked up the stairs in front of Noah, a small smile on my face. The date had been perfect, and Noah had obviously pulled out all the stops. As we climbed to the second floor, I jumped when I felt a slight pinch on my butt.

"Hey," I scowled, looking over my shoulder. "Did you just pinch me?"

"Maybe..." he smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, well that's the last time you'll be doing that," I laughed, pushing off from the stair I was on and running up at full speed.

"Oh no you don't!" I heard Noah say behind me, a hint of amusement in his voice.

I grinned, taking the stairs two at a time. As I reached the second floor, I jogged to the door to my apartment and span around, surprised to see Noah right behind me. He was laughing, his hand outstretched to reach for me.

"You lose," I breathed, my chest heaving.

When he reached me, I expected him to slow down, but he didn't. Striding over, he grabbed both of my arms and pushed me against the door. Stepping in close, he pressed his body against mine, trapping me, no space between us. I was still breathing heavily and as I looked up, I saw that he was too. The tip of his nose was red, and his black hair had fallen messily over his forehead. My breath caught in my throat as he reached up and brushed the pad of his thumb along my bottom lip.

"Lily," he murmured, pressing his forehead against mine.

Smiling softly, I stood on tiptoes and wrapped my arms around his neck. My forehead was still pressed against his, so I leant back, leaning my head against the door. Staring up at him, I noticed that his breathing had slowed, but the tip of his nose was still red from the cold. Smiling, I moved forward and kissed the tip of his nose gently. I was surprised when he burst out laughing, moving his head away from mine.

"That kinda tickles," he laughed, rubbing his nose.

"Seriously?" I asked, arching my eyebrow at him. "You're nose tickles. That's kinda weird dude."

"Oh really?" He smiled, unwrapping my arms from around his neck and taking a step back. "So where are you ticklish?"

Crap! "I - uh - I'm not actually ticklish," I stuttered, trying to sound like I wasn't completely lying.

"Now you wouldn't be lying to me," he grinned, inching closer to me with a gleam in his eye. "Would you honey?"

I gulped, pressing my back even harder against the door. "No," I said, shaking my head slightly as he kept creeping closer. "Noah..."

My eyes widened when I saw him lunge towards me, a goofy smile on his face. His hands went straight to my sides, squeezing gently. I burst out laughing, trying to push him away. But I couldn't, my strength drained away as the laughter continued to pour out of me. I felt him laugh against my shoulder, pressing me against the door.

"Please," I whined, pressing my face against his shoulder to try and stop the giggles. "Noah..."

"Well, since you asked nicely," he smiled, lowering his hands to his sides with a look of mischief in his eyes.

Breathing heavily, I reached up with my gloved hand and wiped the tears from my eyes. Leaning back against the door, I scowled up at him. Well, I tried to scowl but I couldn't quite manage it. He was grinning like a little kid, and I couldn't help but smile back.

"You're an ass," I said, punching him lightly on the shoulder.

But as I pulled my arm back, he swiftly reached up and grabbed hold of my wrist. "You know you love it," he smirked, placing my arm over his shoulder and around his neck.