Chapter 11 - First Official Date

Lily POV:

I had been in the apartment for a couple of hours now. The time had been passing excruciatingly slowly. Standing up and walking over to the T.V, I switched it off. Turning towards the clock, I saw that it was 7pm. I was expecting Noah to take me out to dinner or something, but I figured it was getting too late to do that. As I reached in to my pocket for my phone to ask him where he was, I jumped when it suddenly buzzed first. Taking it out of my pocket and opening it up, I saw a text message from Noah.

Hey gorgeous. I'll be picking you up at 10.30 tonight. Don't ask me why it's so late, it's a surprise. Can't wait to see you! X

Grinning broadly, I wondered what the hell we would be doing. I mean 10.30pm, that's a little late to start a date. But the excitement was creeping up, and I couldn't help but shove the phone back in to my pocket and stride over to the radio. Flicking the on button, I browsed until I heard a catchy song. It seemed that I wouldn't have to get ready until later, so I had to find some way to pass the time. So, as I cranked up the volume, I started tapping my foot softly, gradually shifting to a full on dance routine. In less than ten seconds, I was waving my arms around and wiggling my ass, dancing all over the apartment as you do when nobody's watching.

"Ahem..." I heard from behind me, somebody obviously clearing their throat.

I had my back to the front door at that precise moment, so I spun around quickly, smiling when I found Jen leaning against the door frame, an amused look on her face. "Oh, I didn't see you there," I said, lowering my arms to the floor and grinning lopsidedly. "I was just - "

"I saw what you were doing," she laughed, stepping in to the apartment and closing the door behind her. "You were dancing like my uncle Albert does when he's drunk at a party."

"Hey," I argued. "I've seen your uncle dance; I am no way near as bad as him. Am I?"

She just snorted, placing her handbag on the kitchen counter and shrugging off her coat. "Lilz, just don't ever do that in public, okay?"

"Whatever," I muttered back, wondering if my dancing was really that bad. "So, did you get your nails done?"

"Yep," she nodded, holding out her hands and wiggling them at me. "But I don't want to talk about them."

I took a step backwards and plonked myself down on the couch. "Let me guess," I said looking up at her. "You want to talk about Noah."

"Your damn straight I do," she laughed, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "I thought you hated the guy?"

Sighing, I watched as she walked over to the couch, taking a seat beside me. "He's gotten to me Jen. I thought he was the typical player, but I have a feeling that he's different. We're gonna take things slow."

"Really?" she whispered, "He must think you're some girl..."

"Why's that?" I asked.

"In the two months I've known him, I've never seen him take it slow with a girl. He must really like you."

I grinned at her. "Well we're going on our date tonight. But he said he'll pick me up at 10.30, weird huh?"

"Hmm, I wonder where he's taking you?" she spoke quietly, looking like she was deep in thought.

"I don't know," I smiled. "But will you help me get ready?"

"Sure!" Jen said excitedly, yanking me off the sofa and pulling me towards her room.

"Jeez, slow down would ya? It's not for another couple of hours yet," I muttered, feeling like my arm was about to pop out of it's' socket.

As Jen nodded and pulled me in to her room, I sat down on her bed and watched as she flicked through her wardrobe happily. She looked excited that I was finally going on a date with someone, and I think she was making it her mission to be my own personal stylist. Chuckling softly to myself, I felt my phone vibrate for a second time in my pocket. Pulling it out and flipping it open, I smiled when I saw another text message from Noah,