Chapter 16 - Meet the family, you say?

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this one! As always please vote/ comment if you enjoy it. Well, on with the story! :)

Song for this chapter: Life is a Highway, by Rascal Flatts

Photo ------------> Lily

.................................

Lily POV:

I leant back against the Harley and grinned at Noah. He was still huffing about losing on the dance mat, even though he had no rhythm whatsoever. "So, are you gonna sulk all day?" I laughed, raising an eyebrow when he looked at me.

 "I'm not sulking," he sighed, stepping up close. "I'm just coming to terms with the fact that I just embarrassed myself in front of my girlfriend."

 I looked up at him, wondering if he had just realized what he had said. For the first time, he had just called me his girlfriend and he didn't even think twice about saying it. "Girlfriend?" I whispered, hoping it wasn't just a slip of the tongue.

 "That's what I just said..." He smiled, placing both hands on the Harley either side of me, and lowering his face barely an inch away from mine.

 "Oh w-well, cool. I was just checking that you - " I stuttered, noticing the way Noah was smiling at me.

 Without taking my eyes off his, I watched as he bought one hand up and cupped my cheek, stroking my bottom lip with the pad of his thumb. "Stop talking Lily," he whispered, pressing his lips against mine softly.

 Wrapping my arms around his neck, I urged him closer. He seemed more than willing, but as he pushed his chest against mine, I felt the bike start to lean to the other side, at risk of falling over. "Noah," I mumbled against his lips, trying to push him off.

 But he wasn't going. "Lily," he laughed back, still pressing his chest against mine.

 So, putting my hand on his chest, I pushed him back a little and smiled up at him. "This bike is gonna tip over," I said.

 "Oh," he replied, pushing off and looking at me sheepishly. "Sorry, I was uh - I was somewhat distracted."

 I just laughed and shook my head. Turning around, I got ready to swing my leg over the bike when I felt Noah's hand on my arm, stopping me from hopping on to it. "What's up?" I asked, turning back around to look at him.

 "I have to talk to you about something," he said, looking kind of nervous for some reason.

 "Okayyy," I said uncertainly, wondering why he looked so agitated.

 "So, the uh- phone call earlier was my sister and she's coming to visit in two weeks," he said fast, barely taking a breath. "And I was wondering if you would want to meet her, and her fiancée?"

 My eyes widened when I registered that he was asking me to meet his family; or at least part of his family. That's a big step! "Meet your sister?" I mumbled, totally taken by surprise.

 He looked at me panic-stricken "Yeah but - I mean if you don't want to that's okay. We can just - umm - well..." he babbled, refusing to look me in the eye.

 And as I watched him, I couldn't help but grin widely. He was asking me to meet his family, and in truth, I wanted too. "Noah," I laughed, taking hold of his hand. "I'd love to meet them."

 His head snapped up, a look of surprise on his face. "You would?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

 I nodded, squeezing his hand. "Of course," I said, smiling when Noah swept me up in to his arms and hugged me tightly.