Chapter 22 - Close call....Again!

Hey guys, so this chapter took me ages to write so I hope you enjoy this one! I thought it would be good to see some of Lily's feelings from the fountain scene too.  This chapter consists of fun and emotional scenes, but also a rather hot one to the end (well I think so anyway...:P) As always, please vote/comment if you enjoy. Thanks guys!

Picture: Noah

Song: Your Love Is My Drug, by Kesha

.................................................

Lily POV

I closed my eyes as the water fell over me and smiled at the feeling of being totally care free. This had been the best night of my life, and it wasn't even over yet. I could hear Noah laughing over the spray of the water and as I opened my eyes to look at him, he took my breath away. His dark hair was plastered to his forehead and his jeans and black shirt were glued to him like a second skin. But what I noticed above everything else was the way he was looking at me, like nothing else mattered.

Letting out a loud laugh, I ran towards him, trying not to slip as I did so. Although I knew that if I started to fall, Noah would be there to catch me. Leaping forward, I threw myself against him and crashed my lips against his, something I'd been wanting to do all night. He let out a surprised laugh and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close. We were both soaking wet, but neither of us cared at that moment.

Shaking my head, I looked up at him in astonishment. "We're actually standing in the fountain," I laughed. "Right in the middle of it."

He chuckled softly and cupped my cheek, his thumb stroking my jaw. "We sure are Lily, and I don't want to be anywhere else but here with you."

I closed my eyes as he leaned forward and kissed me lightly, barely brushing his lips against mine. Standing on tiptoes, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him nearer, feeling a desperate need to be close to him. I felt his breath as he laughed softly against my lips and held me tighter, moving his hands down to my waist. The water was making me shiver, but where Noah was holding me, I felt nothing but warmth. Before I could protest, Noah pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine, a small smile on his face.

"We better leave, before we get arrested," he chuckled, reaching down and entwining his fingers with mine.

"We could get arrested?" I asked, nervously looking over my shoulder and peering around the faintly lit park. "Well if we do, I'll just tell them it was all your idea."

"Really?" He smiled, "Somehow, I don't think you would Lily, you care about me too much to let me get arrested."

I shook my head, trying to hide my smile. "Smart ass," I muttered, the smile breaking out as Noah burst out laughing, looking at me in surprise.

"Did you just call me a smart ass?" He asked, an amused look on his face.

"Maybe," I chuckled, pulling my hand free from his and taking a step back before I turned around and ran out of the fountain, trying to dodge the jets of water.

After reaching the edge and stepping back on to the path, I turned around to look for Noah, but to my surprise the fountain was empty. Glancing to the left, I saw nothing but shadows from the trees as the wind blew them softly. But just as I looked to the left, Noah appeared right in front of me, a smug smile on his face. And before I could say a word, he stroked my bare shoulder and leant down to whisper in my ear.

"Tag, you're it!" He laughed, backing away with a challenging look in his eyes, like he was daring me.

"Are you being serious right now?" I asked, taking small steps towards him, and trying my hardest not to laugh.