Chapter 32 -The Night Before

Hey guys! Brand new chapter for you...I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! As always please comment/vote! Ok guys, on with the chapter.... :)

Photo: Julie (Noah's mum)

Song: Send Me On My way, by Rusted Root

......................................................

Noah POV:

I led down on the dock with my feet dangling over the edge, dipped in to the cool water. The sun was beating down with such ferocity that I had to shield my eyes. JJ was led down on my left, his arm bands still strapped on just above his elbows. Turning to face him, I saw that his blonde hair was still wet, brushed back and away from his forehead. Smiling, I reached over and poked him in the ribs.

"You're not falling asleep are you little man?" I asked, poking him a second time. "We can't lay here for too long, we'll get sun burnt."

"Stop poking me," he muttered, looking at me and sticking out his tongue. "I'm sun bathing."

"All right Mr. Grumpy," I laughed, turning and facing the other side.

My eyes caught sight of Lily stretched out beside me, her legs dangling off the dock just like mine were. Her towel was folded under her head and her eyes were closed. Shifting on to my side, I leant my head on my elbow and watched her. My gaze travelled to her lips for a brief second, before moving down to her breasts that were covered by the flimsy blue material of the costume. I ached to reach out and touch her the way I'd been longing too since I first saw her come out from the house, but I held myself back when I was reminded of JJ's presence when he sneezed behind me.

"Bless you," I said without looking over my shoulder.

"Thanks."

As I nodded, I couldn't help but move my gaze downwards, towards her toned legs. The thigh slits of the costume were ridiculously high, showing off every inch (not that I was complaining). I had to physically restrain myself so I wouldn't reach out and stroke her the way I wanted too. Sighing in resignation, knowing that the time wasn't right, I flopped back down on to my back and closed my eyes. Suddenly I felt a hand stroke my side lightly, so much so that I wasn't even sure if I had imagined it. Opening one eye, I turned toward Lily and saw her grinning at me, a hint of amusement in her eyes.

"So you finally finished checking me out, huh?" She whispered, still stroking my side.

"Nope," I whispered back, shuffling closer so our sides were touching. "I haven't seen nearly as much of you as I'd like too. The costume's in the way..."

She laughed softly, her breath tickling my ear. "Pervert."

"Only with you, honey," I grinned, winking at her. "And hey, it goes both ways. I see you checking me out when you think I'm not watching."

"I do not!" She huffed, although I could hear the affection in her voice. "You just have a big ego, that's all."

I burst out laughing as she sighed, a reluctant smile appearing on her lips. "You're such a charmer," I retorted, reaching out and taking her hand.

Her fingers entwined with mine and I leant over and kissed her lightly on the lips, before resting my head back down on the dock. Glancing back over to JJ, I frowned when I realised he wasn't there anymore. I had been so engrossed in Lily, that I hadn't even noticed he was gone. Sitting up, I scanned the garden and breathed a sigh of relief as he appeared from the back door with Sammy trailing lazily behind him.

"There you are!" I shouted, waving at him. "I'd thought you'd vanished, or teleported."

"I can't teleport silly," he giggled, continuing to walk back towards the dock where Lily and I were. "But dad got me some Top Trumps. Would you play with me?"