Chapter 19 - Big Sister Coming Through!

Hey guys, so I figured it was about time that we get to meet a few members of Noah's family! Woo! As always, I hope you enjoy the chapter and if you do, I hope you vote and comment. I appreciate every one!

Picture: Jackie (Noah's sister)

Song: Hey, Soul Sister, by Train (One of my favourite summer tunes everrrr!)

...............................

Lily POV (*10 days later*):

I was pacing back and forth, running my hands through my hair for the twentieth time. Noah was coming to pick me up any minute now and I still couldn't decide what to wear. Meeting his sister and brother in law was giving me a stomach ache, and I was starting to feel sick. Just as I walked over to my wardrobe and yanked it open a little harder than necessary, I heard a faint knocking on my bedroom door.

"Hey, it's me," Jen said from the hallway. "Can I come in?"

Sighing, I jogged over to the door and opened it to see Jen standing there, an amused look on her face. "What's wrong with me?" I asked, "I never usually give a flying fig about this kind of stuff, so why am I getting so flustered?"

She laughed softly and stepped in to the room, eyeing the sweat pants and vest top I was wearing. "You just want to make a good impression, that's all," she smiled, "I'll help you find something but you know, you shouldn't be worried. Of course they're going to love you, just like I do."

I smiled and hugged her briefly. "You really are a good friend."

"Ha!" She laughed, slapping me on the back causing me to stumble forward slightly. "I'm the best, and don't you forget it."

She winked at me, before stepping over to my wardrobe and putting her hands on her hips. As I watched her, I collapsed on to the bed and waited constantly eyeing my clock, wary of the limited time I had until Noah arrived. Just as my patience disappeared and I leapt up to help with the search, Jen turned to face me with a huge grin on her face.

"We've got a winner!" She said happily, reaching in to the wardrobe and pulling out a yellow dress I couldn't remember unpacking.

"Is that mine?" I asked, frowning at it. It definitely didn't look like something I would wear.

"It must be," Jen shrugged, walking over to the bed. "Although I have to say Lily, I didn't think this was your kind of thing."

"Ohhhh! I remember it now. My aunt Flo bought it for me before I moved here," I smiled fondly, my mind drifting back home. "She packed it for me but I took it out of my suitcase. She must have snuck it back in and I just didn't realize when I put it in the wardrobe."

"Thankyou Aunt Flo!" Jen shouted, throwing her hands in the air and laughing loudly.

"So you think that's the one?" I asked nervously, running my hand through my hair again.

"Yep. It looks great so you put this one on and - "

Suddenly, a loud knock came from the living room and I took a deep breath, snatching the dress off Jen and practically shoving her out the room. "Go answer the door, it'll be Noah. Just tell him I'll be five minutes."

"Ok, ok. Jeez, stop pushing me woman!" Jen whispered as she stumbled in to the hallway.

Before I had a chance to shut the door, she spun around and gave me a brief hug, before pulling back and smiling at me. "I'm glad you're happy again. I'm proud of you, you know."

Staring at my best friend, I could feel my eyes watering but I shook my head and pulled it back. Now was not the time to get emotional. So instead, I took of hold of her hand and squeezed it gently, "Well you may think it's just because of Noah, but it's not. You've always been there for me and I can never thank you enough."