Chapter 27 - Be With Me

Hey guys! So this chapter is SO IMPORTANT in terms of relationship progression!  You'll see why :) So I hope you enjoy it and don't forget to vote/comment if you do like it! Thank you guys!

Photo: Noah

Song: I'm With You, by Avril Lavigne (for the last scene)

.........................................

Noah POV:

So as it turned out, the three weeks flew by quicker than I thought they would. My mind drifted as I stood outside Lily's classroom and leant against the wall as students shuffled past. Having spent countless nights on the rooftop with Lily listening to her songs, laughing as we watched movies together or led in the park under the sun, the days all seemed to merge together in to the best three weeks of my life.

Smiling softly to myself at the memories that would forever stay with me, I leant forward and peeked through the small glass panel on the classroom door. Lily had her back to me and was chatting to her professor about the paper in her hand. We had both worked hard over the past three weeks to get all of our assignments finished and handed in early, so we could take a few extra days of college without feeling too guilty about it.

As I watched Lily hand over her paper, she nodded at the professor and turned around to walk out. She saw me glancing through the glass and grinned at me, giving me a thumbs up as she reached the door.

Swinging it open, Lily grabbed hold of my hand and practically started dragging me along the corridor. I couldn't help but grin at her enthusiasm to get on the road. "Jeez," I chuckled. "Slow down would you? You're pretty close to ripping my arm out of it's socket right now."

I felt her slow down and glance back at me. "Sorry," she grinned sheepishly. "It's just that we're finally ready to go and I'm really excited to see Jackie again and the rest of your family."

"Me too!" I smiled. "But do you see me man handling you through the corridor where everyone can see you being bossed around so forcefully?"

She laughed and raised her eyebrow at me. "Who says I'd mind being man handled by you college boy?" Lily whispered, almost daring me to try it.

"Well in that case," I chuckled, lunging forward and scooping her in to my arms like she weighed nothing. "It looks like the tables have now turned, huh gorgeous?"

I ignored the weird looks we were getting from other students passing by through the hall, and just held Lily tighter against me as she started squirming and trying to wriggle her way free. "Noah," she mumbled, trying to sound serious. "Put me down right now."

"Uhhhhh," I said, pretending to consider it. "Nope, don't think I will."

"People are staring at us," Lily whispered, shielding her face as people laughed and pointed as we passed by. "God, you are so infuriating!"

Laughing loudly, I turned and pushed through the double doors with my back. A few students were sitting on the grass and the sun was shining down, a perfect day to get on the road. Finally, I placed Lily on the floor and stepped back, a huge grin on my face.

"So did you enjoy the experience of being man handled gorgeous?" I shrugged, ignoring the face Lily was pulling at me. "I bet it turned you on a little, am I right?"

I just watched amused as Lily spun and stomped down the steps towards her Harley parked to the left on the street. Just before she reached the bottom step, she faced me and smiled momentarily. If you blinked, you would have missed it, but it was there.