~Chapter 1~

Giyu looked around the ballroom. Many beautiful princesses chatted in clusters. Most were sneaking glances at him. Each one of them were stunning, but Giyu did not find interest in them at all. Giyu stood there with his two friends, Sanemi and Tanjiro. Tanjiro's sister, Princess Nezuko, was also standing beside him. Prince Tanjiro was the heir to the Sun kingdom, while Prince Sanemi was already the crowned prince of the Wind kingdom. Those three nations had formed an alliance, so they were very close.    

     Giyu was decked in a black suit with a gold rim. Sapphire buttons glistened like the gems on the chandeliers. However, his expression was as cold as stone. Tanjiro wore a white suit with gold chains and a checkered green-and-black tie.The Sun kingdom crest was on the suit's right pocket. Sanemi looked his best in an emerald suit with a silver borderline. The silver tie matched everything together, along with the Wind kingdom crest on it. Nezuko wore a pastel pink ballgown, which was decorated with roses from top to bottom.The sleeves were translucent and they came up to her elbows. On her neck hung a necklace with the Sun kingdom crest.

     "Giyu nii-san! Why don"t you choose anyone from here to dance with?" Tanjiro questioned. Giyu shook his head. Sanemi groaned,"Oi, Giyu. a pest is here."

      One lady tried to approach him. "Prince Giyu of the Tomioka clan! Its nice to meet you!" she said in a cheery voice. Giyu did not even look at her. To him, her voice was annoying. He was used to having fangirls, because of his royal bloodline and all. But when would he find true love, that he did not know. He sighed.

 Suddenly, a beautiful lady stepped into the hall. She was small and dainty. The dress she wore reached her ankles, and she wore glass heels, with butterfly patterns on it. Her dress started with a light lavender top decorated with diamonds and flowed down in purple waves.Her hair was an ombre of black and purple, and pinned up with an elaborate purple butterfly hair clip. Beside her were two other girls. One was taller than her, one was shorter. The taller one had straight hair that reached her waist, and on it was two pink and green butterfly clips on each side. She had a dress that was pink at the top, and slowly faded to pastel green at the end. The shorter girl had her hair tied up in a side ponytail. She was wearing a magenta top and a white, flowy bottom. She also had a ring of flowers around her waist. 

   Giyu stared at the purple girl. in astonishment. She almost looked like she was flying, almost like a butterfly. Giyu was tempted to ask her to dance, but thought,"No! What if she just dressed pretty to impress me? This is the normal behaviour after all!" Suddenly, the lights dimmed. He quickly glanced around.

    Princes from all over held put their hands and asked the ladies for a dance. Tanjiro and Sanemi went off, to ask the girls to dance. Tanjiro had asked the ponytail girl, while Sanemi had asked the green and pink girl. Even Nezuko had been asked to dance by some yellow-haired boy in a beige suit. Giyu vaguely remembered him as the prince of the Lightning kingdom. Giyu knew he had to choose someone soon or he would look like an idiot. Still, his eyes never fell off the purple butterfly girl. Then, he made up his mind. He made his way to the girl and held out his hand.   

     "May I have a dance?"

    The butterfly girl looked shocked. It took all of Giyu's willpower to walk away. Old habits die hard. However, she smiled and took his hand. "Sure, Tomioka-san," she said in a soothing voice. She took Giyu's hand and he led her to the middle of the ballroom. "What's your name?" Giyu questioned. She smiled. "Kocho Shinobu, second princess of the Butterfly kingdom. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Prince Tomioka GIyu of the Water kingdom."

   [I recommend listening to this while reading this part]                                                                             https://open.spotify.com/track/1YFA2vnDRM6NtZlh0U3kRq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45AMf9QIV8

     Giyu's black blue suit shone in the dim lights. the two of them were lost in each other's eyes. The music started playing. It was a fast violin solo. Shinobu rested her hand on Giyu's shoulder and Giyu took her hand in his. They started the waltz, their moves perfectly aligned with one another. No mistake was made. After a few minutes, everyone was staring at the couple, entranced at how perfect their dance was. It was like they were made for one another. But the two of them were in a different universe. Dark blue eyes, staring into lavender ones. it felt like they were in the clouds, moonlight illuminating them like a spotlight. Blue and purple, synced and never wanting to come out.

    The music stopped. There was a moment of silence. Then, the whole hall burst into thunderous applause. Shinobu smiled. a smile tugged at Giyu's mouth. This did not go unnoticed. Ladies whispered to each other,"She made the prince smile? Even i could not do that! She's beautiful!" However, the lady who tried to get to Giyu at the start was staring daggers at Shinobu from the corner.

By the time the ball was over, guests had already begun returning to their kingdoms. The three butterfly girls curtsied to their dance partners and took their leave. "Please visit again," Giyu bid them farewell, as the three of them stepped into the carriage. 

  "Sure, Tomioka-san. We will," the tallest girl with straight hair said. For a moment, Giyu swore that the ponytail girl had glanced at Tanjiro, who was standing behind him, but looked away instantly. Tanjiro was as clueless as ever, staring at the shimmering clouds in the night sky. As Giyu saw the carriage ride away, he gazed up at the moon. He wished the night would last forever. Then he realised something. He spun back to see Tanjiro and Sanemi standing there. "You two...who did you dance with?" Giyu asked.

   "I danced with the pretty girl in the pink and white dress, the one with the ponytail," Tanjiro chirped, pointing to the side of his head," She said her name was Kanao Tsuyuri and she had two sisters, Shinobu and Kanae Kocho." "I danced with that Kanae girl, then," Sanemi grunted. "Bye. I have to get going," Sanemi bid them goodbye and was on his way to the Wind kingdom. "I better go now too, it's late," Tanjiro said. Giyu leant forward and whispered in Tanjiro's ear," I think Kanao Tsuyuri likes you." Tanjiro's face turned tomato red and he hurried away. "Bye! Giyu nii-san! Goodnight!" he yelled as the sun chariot took him away. Giyu chuckled to himself. 

[How was it? my first try so forgive mee >_< ]