~Chapter 9~

Shinobu. He had found her. 

He rattled the bars to get her attention. She opened her eyes and smiled, but shivers went down Giyu's spine after he studied her. Her skin was tranclucent and her arms were bony. She ws muttering something. 

"Ten minutes...ten...ten," Giyu picked the lock and remover the syringe from her elbow. He picked her up bridal-style and ran out of there. Demons chased him, and he suffered some injugies. But his willpower pushed him through. 

He reached out the castle. He laid Shinobu against a tree and looked at the bottle. To his horror, he figured it was her blood. He tucked it in his pocket. She was loosing so much blood. Once they returned, he would ask someone to put the blood back. 

He waited impatiently for the other two to arrive while tending to his wounds. Shinobu started saying something. Giyu rushed over.

"Tomioka-san, a-arigato," She closed her eyes. He stroked the side of her face. She went through so much. Suddenly, he saw a figure coming out of the fortress. The person was holding another. When Giyu saw who they were, he ran towards them, ignoring his broken ankle. It was Sanemi. He was crying. His clothes were stained with blood, and his forehead was dripping blood. He was gravely injured. He looked like he wanted out run out of there immediately. 

 He was holding Tanjiro, who looked even worse. His clothes were ripped, and blood oozed out from all the gashes he recieved. They laid him down beside Shinobu. His breaths were ragged and painful. Sanemi was still crying. Giyu shook his shoulders, tears of his own slipping down his cheeks.

"Tanjiro! TANJIRO! Pull yourself together! Don't leave us!" Giyu cried, but nothing answered him. Suddenly, Shinobu hoisted herself up, and with much effort, she dragged herself near Tanjiro. Then he started spreaking and opened his eyes.

"Giyu nii-san, Sanemi nii-san, Shinobu ne-san. Please tell my family I love them. I would never spend my seventeen years with anyone else. Please tell everyone I love them. Thank you for making my time here worthwhile," Tanjiro breathed his last breath and closed his eyes for the last time, putting on a signature smile. Giyu pulled Tanjiro close and hugged him tight. He screamed in pain. Sanemi collapsed to the floor. Shinobu hung her head and sobbed. 

Tanjiro was like a younger brother to Giyu. He meant the world to him. Never would he have imagined that he would leave him. It felt like a hole was shot throught his heart. He would never recover from this incident. 

Their goal was accomplished. But a sacrifice was made. 

[im sorry but this had to be done. i know i'm crying too.]