~Chapter 21~

In Lady Tamayo's room~

Lady Tamayo had the two ladies sit opposite her, on stools.

"You both know why you are here, right?" Lady Tamayo said. 

Shinobu shook her head, but Tsutako nodded slightly with a serious expresison. 

"Shinobu, you and Tsutako will play a huge role in the fight against Douma."

"But why us?" Shinobu asked respectfully. 

"Shinobu, you have the wisteria blood. You remember me taking you for a year?" Shinobu nodded. "I know I erased your memories, but I hope it is coming back slowly to you."

"Yes, ma'am. I can remember that."

"Do you remember Tsutako?" 

Tsutako turned to Shinobu, smiling softly. Realization hit Shinobu like a truck.

"Is that you?" she said in disbelief ,"Really?"

She nodded.

Tears brimmed in Shinobu's eyes. Even if she had just gotten her memories back, seeing--no--finally recognising her was a wonderful feeling. She tackeld the dark blue haired lady in a hug. 

"D-did you lose your memories?" She sobbed quietly.

"No, I never did," Tsutako said, hugging her back as tightly. 

"Then why did I?"

"Tsutako specifically requested not to wipe her memories," Lady Tamayo sighed. 

Then Shinobu remembered something.

"Does Giyu know about this? I mean we would have been the same age."

Tsutako smiled. "Ara, you know my brother? Oh of course, he was the one who saved you, right? Never thought my emo brother would grab a girl, but of course if it was you, I would definitely approve."

Shinobu's face turned red. "W-what are you saying, ne-san? W-we are nothng of that sort!"

"Ah, see? You called me ne-san. Why not actually become my sister-in-law? Giyu's a good man. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I have a sneaking suspicion that he likes you too!"

"That's not what this is about!"

Lady Tamayo cleared her throat. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but we have more important matters to get to. I know its been a long time since you have reunited, but please listen."

"Sorry."

"So, back to Douma. An upper-moon's strength is too much for a little well-made poison or blood."

"What are you implying?" Tsutako asked.

Lady Tamayo's voice hitched in her throat. 

"One of you needs to sacrifice your life."