~Chapter 3~

King Tanaka walked in. Behind him was Shinobu and Kanao. Why isn't Kanae here? Giyu wondered, as Kanae was the eldest princess of the Butterfly kingdom. But his heart leaped when he say Shinobu. King Tanaka took his seat, and Shinobu and Kanao stood behind him. 

      Then, the King of the Kingdom of Lightning walked in.  King Jigoro Kuwajima looked like he had aged a lot since the last meeting. Behind him, walked in Prince Zenitsu Agatsuma. Oh, so the king only brought in one guest, Giyu wondered. Soon, King Tanjuro Kamado arrived in his usual splendour. No matter how many times Giyu had seen him, he never failed to amaze him. His golden suit shone along with the silver cape. Tanjiro and Nezuko followed suit. They were the oldest of the Kamado siblings. King Tanjuro had is fiery red hair tied back. Nezuko's eyes lit up when she saw the Prince of the Lightning. 

   Giyu wondered where the Beast Kingdom was. Sanemi snapped him out of his trance. "Oi! Baka! Are you crowned prince now? I thought your dad was supposed to be here!" Giyu nodded. Sanemi grinned. "Now we both are the crowned princes!" Giyu chuckled. Sanemi was not really the one to get excited but still, at least he wasn't complaining. 

   King Tanaka chatted with King Jigoro, while Tanjiro whispered something in his father's ear. His father nodded, smiling. Then Tanjiro ran to where Giyu was sitting, Nezuko following him. Giyu waved to him.

   "Giyu nii-san! You are the crowned prince now, right? Right?" Nezuko squealed. Giyu smiled. " Though the desicion was made overnight, yeah." Tanjiro protested,"But that's awesome, nii-san!" That was when Sanemi butt in,"Tanjiro! Your dad needs you there!" Sure enough, King Tanjuro was signalling for the two siblings to come back, by waving his hand. They ran back to him.  

"Okay, we may start the meeting now," The king said. Every land started sharing bout their affairs. Giyu found this rather boring. But when King Jigoro addressed everyone, Giyu had to listen. 

   "Due to my old age, I am going to pass on the Lightning Kingdom to Zenitsu," The blond kid look surprised. Everyone clapped. In this era, there would be many young Kings. King Tanaka said that Kanae would be his successor, but she was sick that day. Sanemi's face creased into a deeper frown. Suddenly, two figures entered the hall.

   Queen Kotoha Hashibira of the Beast Kingdom was dressed in an elaborate blue gown, which was decorated with gold gems. Her son, Inosuke Hashibira, was also present in a dark navy suit which was not buttoned up fully. His vest and shirt could be seen. Both looked stunning. However, both wore a sorrow expression that brought down the mood. The queen had dark circles around her eyes. Both son and mother's eyes were swollen, like they had been crying for too long. Queen Kotoha walked slowly to the table and sat on her seat, Inouske assisting her. She looked up at all the people present. King Tanjuro cleared his throat.

   "I believe we have many things to discuss about."

"The King is no more,"  Queen Kotoha whispered. King Tanjuro stood up and slammed his hands on the table. Sweat trickled down Giyu's forehead. "How?" King Tanaka asked, with a mixed expression of anger and sorrow. The butterfly Kingdom and the Beast kingdom had been very close. Kanao started to tear up. Shinobu comforted her. 

   "He was murdered by a group of assassins. We did not know who, but now we are here to warn the other kingdoms of this rouge organisation. The king was very powerful, but he could not take them on. Please look into this matter and tighten security measures," Prince Inouske said, his voice cracking. The others nodded somberly, along with Giyu. The meeting continued on, but the sorrow news hung in the air.

[sorry again for the short chapter]