~Chapter 18~

"You will go against Nezuko and Tanjiro."

Giyu gripped the handle of his sword. This was it. 

"If you manage to land a hit or injure--even slightly--one of us, you will be allowed to move on to the next stage. All of you," Tanjiro finished. 

"One, two, three, attack!" All the princes and princesses lunged forward to attack Nezuko and Tanjiro, who were standing back to back.

Giyu ran forward, sword in his hand. Nezuko slashed her sword at him, but he swiftly dodged, managing to get into her blind spot. 

Yes! Almost, Giyu thought to himself.

Quickly, Nezuko dodged his attack and he fell behind. Thankfully, he managed to land safely.

"Close one," Nezuko sighed.

But, one of the instructors yelled,"STOP! The test is over!"

Everyone stopped in their tracks. Even Nezuko and Tanjiro were confused.

"Uhm, sir, may I ask why?" Tanjiro said respectfully. The others also nodded. Nezuko and Tanjiro did not have any visible injuries. Giyu waited with bated breath for an explanation. 

Then Nezuko's eyes widened. She lifted her wrist. 

A small cut. It was just a tiny slit, but a bead of blood had formed on it.

"Awh! Why me?" Nezuko whined, wiping the blood off her wrist. 

Tanjiro chuckled. The rest of them heaved a sigh of relief. "It's okay, we'll train later, okay?" Tanjiro patted Nezuko's head as she pouted. But suddenly Tanjiro's smiling face turned serious. Nezuko's pout also dropped. 

Giyu immediately sensed the change and was about to ask them what was wrong, but the whole area was engulfed in patterns of shimmering flowers instantly. Like ribbons and ribbons of them. 

Shinobu instantly recognised these. Her mind flashed back to the blurry memories. A bed...vials...soothing words of comfort....the smell of blood.

These memories had been long wiped out. But snippets of that time were coming back to Shinobu. They hadn't come back to her her whole life. Why now? As the two figures came closer, she racked her brain trying to remember more details. The two people seemed awfully familiar. An experiment...what experiment was it....was it on me? Was there anyone else? 

"Stay back! Demons," Nezuko muttered, drawing her sword. The lady had her dark hair in a bun behind her, and was wearing a dark blue kimono with flower patterns on it. It was very rare to see traditional attire being worn, as most ladies wore gowns. She had bleak, light purple eyes. The other was a boy, who wore a light blue suit. Tanjiro's grip on his sword tightened. Then the names came to Shinobu, and she gasped. 

"Don't fear. We come here in peace."

Lady Tamayo and Yushiro. 

Hi! the baka is back!

Exams are over, and the results are not coming out any time soon! So, i will try to update this story frequently, at least more frequently than i used to 🙃 

sayonara