~Chapter 6~

Giyu POV

      Giyu spent his days in the royal library. He was crown prince. He was not supposed to be reading. He was supposed to rule. But Shinobu never left his mind. In place of him, he asked Tsutako to cover for him. His heart was empty. It was like a hole was torn in his chest. 

    He read about terrorists. He read about attacks. He read about everything. Anything related to the invasion. The sun kingdom had been very quiet after the incident. Tanjiro and Nezuko were not visiting as frequently. Sanemi used to come once in a while, but even he knew Giyu needed his space. 

   Giyu found many things from his weeks in the library. He found out that demons existed, in real life. He found out that wisteria was deadly to demons. He never expected that wisteria was so harmful, as it was extremely beneficial to humans. He read for nights in a row. He only got out when his sister drove him out of the royal library to go take a walk. As he walked near the kingdom gardens, he wandered to the outskirts of the city. That was when he smelt it.

  The scent of wisteria. He noticed it was coming from the ground. When he turned his head, he saw drops pf deep purple on the rocky ground. Blood. At least, it looked like blood. Who would have wisteria smelling blood, he wondered. He followed the trail. It was quite long. The trail looked like it would have passed several kingdoms. Giyu returned to the palace. He was going to investigate this. Anything wisteria-related would help him in his cause.

   In the middle of the night, Giyu changed into a simple tunic and wore a black cloak, with a gold belt. He went to the armoury. A simple katana would do nothing. He took a gun off one of the racks. This would help, he thought. He tucked it under his cloak. He strode to the outskirts of the kingdom. The stars were twinkling in the sky.

   "Kocho, I'm on my way."

  He followed the trail, swiftly passing the kingdoms. But he stopped at one. There was a figure in the gardens surrounding the Sun kingdom. The place was still lighted up. The person was sitting on a white bench. The figure looked at him and cocked its head.

   "Giyu nii-san, where are you going?" Nezuko asked, confused. Giyu paled. She couldn't know where he was going. "Somewhere. Whatever you do, don't tell Tanjiro," He said, looking at her in the eye. 

  "Nii-san, I won't be like Tanjiro. I won't insist you let me go along with you. I won't tell Tanjiro. But you have to promise me. Come home safe. And bring Shinobu ne-san home safe, too," Nezuko took Giyu's hand in both of hers in smiled warmly. Giyu was taken aback. "How-" he started, but Nezuko was already walking away. She turned one last time and smiled. 

  Giyu continued his journey. He finally reached a dense jungle. He kept his hand gripped on the handle of his gun. Unbeknownst to him, two figures were following him. He wandered along the forest. Suddenly, something rustled in the bushes. 

   Something grabbed him and pinned him to a tree. Giyu could not even react. He coughed blood as the mysterious figure punched him in the gut. He could make out two people. One had green hair and black marks on his bottle-green face. His body looked unnaturally skinny and bony at his waist. The other figure was also dressed in a suit, but it was too tight. She had long white hair that turned green at the ends. Some of it was pinned up in a bun at the back of her head with a few pink and golden hairpins. 

   "Daki, help me," a greasy voice echoed from the man. The lady shook her head violently. "I don't touch people like that, nii-chan! They are disgusting. I don't know what Muzan-sama wants with these people," she said, folding her arms. 

  Giyu was getting tortured on the tree. He gasped for air, but the man's grasp was too tight. He flailed against the tree. He reached for his gun in his cloak. He was too oxygen-deprived to pull the trigger. His gasps now sounded hoarse. Then man kept punching him. The lady kept laughing. Suddenly, Giyu heard the pull of a trigger. Hewent as still as possible. Then, he saw a small red dot, at the man's torso.

  Bang. Bang. The man writhed on the ground with pain, and the lady followed suit. Giyu slid down the tree, gulping air. A white haired-man came into the scene. "I knew you would go and do something stupid by yourself, Giyu."

  Sanemi helped him up. Giyu stared at him in confusion. "I saw you. The Wind kingdom palace has an excellent view of the outskirts," Sanemi explained,"I will be taking this journey with you." Before Giyu could protest, Sanemi got in front of him. They walked briskly for a while, trying to make as less noise as possible so the man and lady name Daki could not follow them. Someone did.

Giyu turned behind, as he felt a menacing aura. Red eyes glinted from the darkness, showing a scarlet scar on his forehead. The deadly aura felt like nothing before. A person came from the darkness, and with his expression, he could not be the same person Giyu knew.

 "Giyu nii-san, Sanemi nii-san. Where do you think you are going?"

[Decided to write a chapter right after the previous one. Love hearing from you people. Please comment on how was the chapter:)]