~Chapter 19~

"Don't fear. We come here in peace."

Shinobu immediately recognised them. 

Lady Tamayo and Yushiro. 

Why the hell did she know their names, when all the others were glancing at each other in confusion and panic? They certainly hadn't met before. 

Or had they?

"Shinobu, long time no see," Lady Tamayo smiled kindly. 

Suddenly, everything came rushing back. Blood raced down Shinobu's spine as her heart palpitated wildly. 

After all, how was it possible to be born with wisteria blood?

All the memories came back to her. Shinobu had gone with Lady Tamayo, with the reluctant approval from her parents, to be her test subject. Shinobu was very excited back then. Lady Tamayo seemed very kind, and she had overheard her parents and Lady Tamayo talking about Shinobu being an important part in the war against them. Curiosity overcame the six-year-old girl and she readily followed Lady Tamayo to live in her hosue in the middle of the woods for a year. But only with a special request from her parents that Lady Tamayo agreed to fulfil.

Over the course of 12 months Shinobu went through many experiments, the most important and successful one being the wisteria blood. None of the experiments actually harmed Shinobu-Lady Tamayo was very meticulous while working with her, her being a princess and all. The two of them had formed a deep bond. 

But there was another person. It was a girl. Older than her- the memory of her was still blurry. She was also a princess taken by Lady Tamayo. Shinobu never remembered who she was. The harder she tried to think, the blurrier the memory became of the older princess. The only memory she had of her was of a pink ribbon. She always wore a pink ribbon in her hair, while telling the young Shinobu stories under the stars. They talked about almost everything. Her soft, gentle voice filled Shinobu's heart like a comforting cup of cocoa.

"Shinobu, do you have any younger siblings?" She asked one night. 

"I have a younger sister!" Shinobu was thrilled to say, her head on the princess's lap. 

"Wow, what's her name?" She giggled softly as she stroked Shinobu's face.

"Kanao!"

Those were nights that Shinobu never wanted to forget.

 It was almost like Shinobu was living with a mother and sister. She loved the both of them deeply.

However, some bonds don't need to be preserved, do they?

Shinobu's memories were erased, and she was returned to the Butterfly Kingdom, having no memory of even knowing a lady called Tamayo. When she saw Lady Tamayo again, it was like a dream.

Shinobu lunged forward and wrapped Lady Tamayo in a hug. 

"I...remember everything!" She cried. Shinobu wasn't the emotional one, but Lady Tamayo was someone she held very close to her heart. 

"Shinobu! Wait!" Giyu yelled. "She is obviously a demon. Don't go too near!"

"No." Shinobu's abrupt reply startled everyone. "She has no evil intentions."

"Thank you, Shinobu. Now, to introduce ourselves, I am Tamayo. You may call me Lady Tamayo. This is Yushiro, my assistant."

"Yes, so what are your intentions?" One of the instructors asked warily. 

"We have come to assist in the war against Muzan Kibutsuji."

Just incase ya'll can't visualise, the princess used to tell Shinobu stories in the night sitting here, in Lady Tamayo's house. 

Question of the day:

What country are ya'll reading from?