A Major Oversight Part 4

"Sir, the princess was more... feisty than usual. She injured quite a few of our troops." A Koopa stood before his king, wringing his hands nervously as the King leaned down to his level.

     "Is anyone severely hurt?" Bowser's voice was patient, waiting for the precise moment to strike.  He already knew the answer but he needed the Koopa to say it.

     "Y-y-yes, sir." The Koopa. "A few Hammer Bros, a couple of Koopas and a Goomba are quite hurt. Some broken shells and the Goomba is bruised." He braces for a swing that never comes.  He opens one eye and then the other. 

     Bowser is tense, smoke puffing out of his nostrils. "See to it, she stays tied up then.  I'll make sure she answers to that after  she's spent a day in the dungeons."

     Kamek, who had been silent up until now, shook his head at Bowser.  The young Koopa, afraid of what might happen, slowly backed out of the room. Bowser didn't like to be told no or receive any advice at all. He was glad Kamek was the one speaking out because only Kamek would survive whatever was about to happen.  It was no secret that Boswer was adopted by the Magikoopa after his own father had been killed.  He had a soft spot for the old wizard.

     The large dragon turtle suddenly turned and slammed his fist into the wall.

"Sire?" Kamek questioned. 

     "Leave me alone. I need to let off steam before I fucking kill that pink lady."  Bowser stormed off and slammed the door, shaking the castle walls.