fifteen.

The walk to the movie theater had been painstakingly long, June beyond tired by the time they got there. She had had a long day, school, homework, workout, and then this. So to say she was irritated  was a bit on the understatement side, the girl looking down in exasperation as they waited in line for tickets. The talking on the way to the theater had been small talk, JJ a bundle of nerves, the only thing echoing around his brain being that he didn't need to mess things up. But unfortunately for him he had s lot of odds working against him, including June Marchs famous attitude...informing him once again that he definitely had his work cut out for him. On top of her trying to make the most out of this, there was the fact that she didn't want to be there at all...the only thing keeping her there being the fact that she needed the group to be back together so that by Saturday she could propose whatever plan Leon wanted her to do. This was her trying.

She would admit it was a little easier to breathe knowing that JJ and Kie hadn't gotten together, a smile pulling at her lips as she realized none of the three of them had been happy, not just her. It felt rewarding to know the two of them had struggled in misery just like she had, it made her feel better about herself at least.

"What are you smiling about?" JJ asked, pulling June out of her thoughts. The smile instantly dropped when she looked back at him, realizing she had been caught fantasizing about his suffering.

"I was just thinking about popcorn. I haven't eaten all day." This was true, June hadn't eaten at all in fact. She had opted to study with her teacher during lunch today, due to the fact that the SATs were coming up and she couldn't afford to get a bad score. When she had gotten home from school she went directly to talk to her brother which resulted in them working out which  resulted in her stomach growling as she mentioned the food.

"You didn't eat?" He looked concerned, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked at her. She dismissed his evident worry with her hand, her head shaking as they moved up a spot in line.

"I was busy but it's fine...I'm gonna get something here."

"What have you been busy with?" The look she gave him made him realize just how badly he was striking out, June tired of the small talk and mostly ready for this night to be over so she could look at him, say it went great, and then go home and plan out the easiest way for this whole thing to hurry up and be over. Instead of rolling her eyes she looked away, knowing that arguing with him would be the last thing she needed to do. Everything needed to seem okay, at least until Hardy was done with her.

"School, catching up, trying to spend time with all my friends who either hate each other or me...but I'm working on that right now actually. Kie and I made up."

"I heard about that. How'd that go?" Her jaw clenched for a moment and then she let it go shrugging her shoulders as she gave him a deadpan look.

"It went fine. We talked...we're still working things out I guess. I mean I don't know if she really expects me to—I'm sorry. I'm sorry JJ I can't do this. I cant small talk and go watch a movie with you." June said, feeling a snap in her nice demeanor. She was being completely honest, she definitely couldn't do this and act like they don't know each other.

"Okay..."JJ said confusedly, not entirely sure how to answer that. His face was covered in confusion as she seemed to be extremely tense for some reason, all of this coming out of nowhere. "What do you—what do you want to do then?"

"Anything but this. I don't care. We can go do whatever but can we just please not pretend that we don't know each other. Can we please just talk like normal people because  I'm sick of the catching up and the small talk." She couldn't handle the fake mess of the situation, maybe she could with Kie, but it was too overwhelming to do it with JJ. She was doing her part by being here, now she needed him to step up and hopefully make it easier for her to move on from what had happened the last time they had fought.