ten.

"And are you trading in with us today or are you needing a new phone entirely?" The worker asked, June reaching into her bag and pulling her wallet out. She let out a sigh and pushed some hair from her face, giving a small smile as she answered.

"I just need the new phone." She said, catching a glimpse of herself in a glass panel behind the man. She had cut her hair in the middle of the night, the dark hair no longer cascading down when back but stopping right at her shoulder blades. 

June finished her purchase, carrying the small box out of the store and getting into her car quickly. She pulled the plastic off of the box and began setting it up, her chest feeling empty as she signed in to her email. It took only a few moments more before she had had it fully set up, the girl pushing her new bangs out of her eyes, already hating them.

She went to her email in an attempt to find the document the contractor needed her to sign, his wife had had her baby, but he had forgotten to give her the final papers, so he said she could sign them electronically. She searched through the email her eyes blurring as she looked for the name, a groan leaving her lips as she realized she couldn't find it.

"Fuck."

"Something wrong?" The voice made her jump, her head turning instantly to see who it was. Her blood ran cold when she was Leon Hardy in her backseat, a curious look on his face and a gun sitting in his lap. June looked at the gun and then back up at him, feeling less panic in her than she expected.

"So you are alive." She said in an obvious tone, her thoughts traveling back to Singh. The more they sat there the less scared she was, her self preservation at an all time low a she turned towards, looking at him throwing he rearview mirror.

"So you thought I was dead?"

"You never told me Singh was your cousin. Could've saved me a lot of trouble...I could've like—not been kidnapped." Leon didn't seem to have anything to say or any of that, June turning her head and looking at him in confusion. "What do you want from me now? Singh is dead...so unless you're here to kill me for that then I don't know why you're in my car."

"I need something from you." June actually rolled her eyes, a dreadful feeling pooling in her chest as she let out a sigh. She pinched at the bridge of her nose and quickly spit out a reply.

"No." Leon scoffed, leaning between the seats in the front it try and get her attention.

"It's not a choice."

"Everything is a choice." June said to him, shrugging her shoulders as he gave her an irritated look. They sat in silence for a moment before he lifted the gun, laying it in the middle console in an attempt to scare her.

"I've been watching you, you know." She actually managed a humorless laugh at his admittance, the memory of the pictures she had found in his desk quickly flickering across her eyes.

"I know. Apparently for a long time." He didn't seem too impressed by her sarcasm, his lips pursing as he tried to read her expression.

"You and your friends found El Dorado."

"Did we? I didn't know." She said, her tone soaked in sarcasm as she brought a hand up to her chest to feign shock. He shook his head and smirked at her, thinking she was awfully resistant and enjoying her wittiness.