twenty-four.

Sarah Cameron had been walking behind June for a majority of their trek through the woods, the girl hoping to get away from the house and to a different road so she could call one of the boys to come pick them up. Sarah was watching June with a strange expression, her mind traveling back numerous times to when she had been holding the gun.

It was something she had never seen from June before, some kind of innate reaction to the situation. She had seemed fearful of the situation, but not the one they were in...something in her head scaring her. Sarah believed that for that moment, June was not present with her and Tom Mallory in the room, that something had scared her that they couldn't see.

"Alright try your phone again." Junes voice cut off Sarah's thoughts, the Cameron girl nodding and pulling her phone back up. There was a bar now, excitement in her chest as she pressed John Bs contact number. June stopped and turned around, Sarah holding a finger up to her as she let it ring. He seemed to answer because the Cameron girl jumped in excitement, the shotgun still in her hand as she spoke.

"Thank God you answered...yes were okay...no, I don't know....no that's not what happened—can you come pick us up?" June had her arms crossed over her chest as she listened in to the conversation, Sarah saying a few more thing and then giving him her location. She hung up the phone and then looked to the March girl, June giving her a tight lipped smile.

"Any word why Kie and Cleo left us?" Sarah pushed the phone into her pocket and nodded awkwardly, her arms crossing over her chest as she looked at the March girl.

"Yeah actually...apparently when they heard you scream 'get out of here' they thought you were talking to them." There was something heavily unspoken in that, June not quite wanting to dive into what had happened with Sarah, their reasoning being valid in her eyes.

"Oh." June said, wishing that the Cameron girl wouldn't pry. June was still terribly shaken by the fact that she had seen Singh, the fact that when she had screamed for him to go away that he wouldn't, and that his voice echoed in her head even now. She was already mad at herself for losing control of the situation, for showing Sarah something she did not  want her to see.

"Yeah." Sarah said, her eyes glued to the girls face as she paled. June cleared her throat after a few moments of silence, turning her body and starting to walk away.

"Well at least we got the location of the key." June said, hoping her subject change would work. Sarah was unimpressed by the attempt, on edge by what she had experienced in that house.

"June..."

"Yeah?" The March girl prayed silently that she would just leave it, she didn't want to think about it any longer. But Sarah was not one to just let things like that go.

"What happened back there?" June stopped, her heart dropping as she slowly turned to look back at Sarah. The Cameron girl had an overly worried look on her face and in her eyes, and deep below all the worry was a sympathetic look, a look that made June scream on the inside at the sight of it.  The last thing she wanted was people feeling sorry for her.

"What do you mean?"

"That—that episode...that thing...what happened? Why were you yelling and pulling your hair?" June didn't like the way she had described it, shaking her head and swallowing the lump on her throat as she attempted to stay off the subject.