three months later.

:::

:::

"Excuse me ma'am do you have any more of these little potted plants in the back? Or just the pots themselves?" June was in the middle of a mess, sweeping dirt up from a dropped potted plant when the woman asked, her head lifting and her stress very visible. It was opening day of her business, and she hadn't expected this many people to show up. This many disruptive people. She had been running around most of the day answering questions, refilling refreshments, cleaning up messes. This was a lot to take on all alone, but it was also the price of a secret. One she wanted to keep. She wanted this place all to herself, not having to share it with others like her parents who might try and take the credit for it.

"Um yes I think so." She said in a slightly out of breath voice, given the fact that's he had just gotten over to this mess. The lady smiled and June did the last sweep, her apron being the dead giveaway that she was the worker. She considered taking it off as she walked quickly towards the check out counter, the place where she had her own little office and a small stockroom behind a curtain. The lady followed her, June giving her a customer service smile and heading around the counter. She wiped the dirt from her hands and pulled the curtain aside, lifting her hand to hold a finger up to the woman. June disappeared behind the curtain and let out a frustrated huff of air, the loudness from out there not being as bad back here. She tried to search her scrambled brain for what the woman had asked for, starting over to the small clay pots and grabbing a couple of them.

She had about 8 stacked in her hands, holding two in the other hand. She was clearly out of them, the girl deciding she might as well restock while she out there. However she didn't have a good enough grip on the large stack, the two in her other hand dropping to the floor and breaking. She let out a frustrated groan and then her eyes flickered to the curtain, June trying to decide what to do now. She couldn't leave the mess. Finally she decided, making her way through the curtain and towards the counter top, the lady giving her a delightfully pleased look.

"Oh thank you! I only need one." June sat the other ones down and then nodded, handing the older woman one of the pots. She clicked across the computer screen and put the amount in, gesturing towards the card reader as her eyes scanned the store. The crowd had picked up again, the row of cars outside surely drawing more people. She handed the woman her receipt and a smile, the lady disappearing out of the store. Most of the people were just browsing, the girl not making that many sales. However she had made a few, and it was encouraging to her everytime she made one.

June wiped her forehead, breathing out and looking back towards the curtain. She remembered the mess behind it, letting out a huff again and grabbing the broom and dustpan. She began to sweep just as the desk bell rang, her eyes closing briefly as she felt a tremendous amount of stress. She hoped to ignore it but it rang again, a shout leaving her lips as she tried to finish up the cleaning.