twenty-five.

"Are we just gonna sit in silence the whole time or am I allowed to talk?" The voice was JJ Maybanks directed towards June March. They were seated in Junes car, JJ in the passenger seat as she drove them to Kitty Hawk. The car behind them was holding the other five, the other five who conveniently sprinted to the car before JJ could get there, leaving the two of them to have to ride together alone. June hadn't intentionally been silent, mostly just lost in her own thoughts due to the fact that she was still trying to recover from everything that had happened in the day. She let out a small sigh and reached for the radio dial, turning it up and giving him a pleasing smile.

He just looked at her almost as if he was offended, his eyes flickering between the radio and her face, her glazed over eyes stuck to the road as music drowned out the silence. He had noted that she had been acting weird since they had kicked them up, and after getting back to her house and offering an explanation for what had happened at Tom Mallory's house, he could tell something was wrong. The Pogues had decided that getting the key sooner rather than later was the best idea, mostly because Tom knew they were after it, and he could easily get there and move it or alert his old employer, someone that they weren't too keen on crossing paths with again.

Junes mind was torturing her, a sick feeling in her entire body as she replayed the scene in her head. She lifted the gun, he was there and then he wasn't and she was aware he wasn't actually there. It had been so real, she was sure that if she had wanted to touch him that Singh would have actually been there. His hand reaching for her, that dark spot in his shirt, the lines of blood from his mouth. It was tattooed on her brain and the ink was spreading, corrupting her entire  body until eventually  she would be covered completely in that moment, unable to wash it off of her skin.

She counted that she had now missed four therapy sessions, making her mind go to Rafe for a moment. She wasn't sure what it was at this very moment, almost like a lens had been pulled from her eyes and the thought of him made her even more sick. She couldn't shake Singh but she could shake Rafe? This had changed in an instant in her head and she was doubting almost every single one of her feelings, questioning if it was real or not. What had happened at Tom Mallory's house would not go away anytime soon. It was affecting every aspect of her life.

"Why are you staring at me?" June took a break from her thoughts and blinked, her dry eyes forcing her to do it a few more times before she cast a glance over at JJ. He shook his head, trying to play it off like he hadn't when she could literally recall from her peripheral that he had been.

"You didn't blink for 3 minutes." He said seriously, sounding slightly impressed at this fact as well. June accepted the information and let out a startling laugh, JJ confused by its presence.

"I'd probably win in a staring contest then." She said, continuing to laugh. He let out a unamused laugh, slightly weirded out by the way she was acting. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked at her like a mad woman, his hand reaching to turn down the radio a little bit. Her laughter died out awkwardly because she knew he could tell how fake it was, the girl clearing her throat as he turned his body towards her a little bit.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. It's just been a long day...and I'm trying to process everything that happened." June said, hoping he would just leave it. He didn't seem to believe it as much as she wished he had, but to her surprise he nodded, sucking in a cautionary breath as he looked out the window. She was genuinely very surprised he hadn't pried further, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the fact. She took it as a win though, the two of them settling back into silence.