twenty-nine.

"We're not getting anywhere with this...I mean we know the shop. We looked it up. But we don't even know what we're looking for. A safe? That could be anywhere in this place." Pope was the one speaking, his face holding a bewildered look as he shook his head at the group. Him and June were stood in front of the couches, both of them arguing their own sides and giving their ideas. The others were sitting on the couch, mostly watching the two of them bicker and argue than seeing any actual ideas come up.

"It's a little harder to break into a safe in a random tailor shop than you would expect." John B added, June shooting him a heated look that made him want to take back what he said.

"You know this from personal experience?" She said in a condescending tone, John Bs lips pursing as he looked up at her. He slowly shook his head, June nodding as he did so, her face scrunching up as she gave him attitude. "Yeah exactly. So maybe keep the comments to yourself bud."

"Okay." He said in a swallowed tone, all of them deciding to keep their thoughts to themselves for the time being. Junes crossed arms unraveled, the girl letting out a defeated sigh and falling back into a chair. She pinched the bridge of her nose and everyone realized how stressed she was, her bad mood obviously being caused by something.

"The shop is on Figure Eight so it's probably ran by kooks. We might have trouble getting past there since they're—" Pope tried to ease her tense mood by continuing on, Kie cutting him off to add commentary of her own.

"If it's owned by kooks there's no way we'll ever get a chance in there. You know how they are...bunch of kids like us roll up there and they'll shut the doors." Junes head tilted and she scratched her neck, her head spinning as she listened to Kiara speak. "June you're about the only one I could think that could pass nowadays-"

"Oh my god...Kie—you're a kook!" June wasnt sure if Kie had meant the comment as a jab but she felt it deep in her stomach, her retaliation quick as she said it. Everyone in the room fell silent as Kies face fell, no one entirely sure what was so wrong.

"June I didn't mean—"

"Yeah of course you didn't. But you all play it up like we're so different when really half of us are kooks. We're not different. Some of us just got here faster than others." There was silence as everyone looked at her with an irrefutable look, unsure what was making her so mean, so argumentative. Being reminded that she was technically a kook didn't sit well with Sarah, the girl looking to June with a disgusted look.

"What is wrong with you?" Sarah was the one to ask, June knowing it was directed towards her before she even looked up. She felt a sick feeling in her stomach as the words swirled around in her brain, and for a moment she was almost sure she was actually going to throw up. She tried her hardest to not be offended, what was wrong with her? What was wrong was that she was spiraling. She was under a momentous amount of stress. She was tired. She was losing her mind. She was having relationship problems on every front. She was avoiding therapy. She was fighting with Rafe. She didn't know where she would stay while her parents were home. Her parents sold her out, she didn't trust anybody at the moment. She had trust issues. And most of all that nagging thought and overwhelming feeling that she had gotten from the Hawks Nest that night was constantly hanging over her head. She could say all of these things, she knew she could. But instead she leaned forwards, her elbows against her thighs as she looked at the coffee table in front of her. "I mean seriously...you can't keep treating us like this and then expecting us to be okay with it."

"Sarah..." Kie started but the Cameron girl shook her head, fed up with how June had been acting.

"No! June I know you're stressed but you won't talk to any of us! So if you're not gonna tell us then you can't keep being so mean. It's not fair!" Sarah was standing from the couch, the entire room silent as June just stared at the table and took it. She was trying not to have an outburst...she understood where Sarah was coming from but she really wasn't in the mood to hear all of this. She had crossed a line with her comments towards Kiara. "You've treated John B like shit this entire time. Us...you've treated us like shit and it's not fair for you to project whatever is wrong with you on us. We didn't do anything to make you this way! You're so closed off now that it's insane...it's not our fault that you're miserable so stop blaming us!"

"Sarah calm down." JJ said from where he was sitting, not thinking that she was 100% right. They were pretty heavily embedded in the reason why she was the way that she was.

"I begged you two days ago to tell me what happened to you. You stood in that guys house and did what you did and you scared me. And I cant keep hearing you so angry so either you tell us how we can really help you or we're done." Junes eyes lifted from the table as the silence filled the room and everyone in the room could feel the coldness of her stare. There was a million things she could say in return to all of that, today making out to be about the worst days she had had all week. She wondered how they could paint her as the bad guy even now, her eyes moving to each one of them. June blinked and then the glare went away, a soft broken look in her eyes that made them all feel a pit deep in their stomach. She waited, a silent desperation that just one of them would say otherwise, that one of them would defend her or make her feel like she wasn't the bad guy here. But that relief didn't come, JJ and Pope not even looking at her as she looked at them now. Cleo and Kie looked sympathetic and yet on board with Sarah's words and it was now that June realized that things were not always what they seemed. Her head slowly turned back to the table and they all waited to hear what she would say, Sarah staring at her with a faltering expression of authority. She grit her teeth and nodded to herself, remembering that the only person she could really trust was herself...even when she thought it was them.

"You guys don't worry about it." She said, lifting from the chair and starting towards the door. They were all against her, every single one of them. She exited without another word, all of them starting at where she had been. Sarah felt immediate regret as she realized she had begun to burn a bridge for all of them, their eyes all going to Sarah as the door closed behind June.

"Yeah good job." JJ said, standing with an angry look on his face as he started towards the door. John B and Pope shared a look and they decided that JJ would not be the best person for this, he was not really good with deescalation. John B moved to stop him, his hand pressing against the blondes chest as he looked at him. He gripped his shirt, keeping him in the apartment and shaking his head at him.

"Let her go, man." However John B underestimated the situation with JJ, how worried he was. The blonde pushed him back, shaking his head at John B and then turning to the rest of them, pointing his finger to his temple so maybe they'd think about what he was about to say.

"You guys don't get it do you? Letting her go is the same mistake we keep making. You ever think maybe this is the reason she doesn't trust us?!" JJ started towards the door, pulling it open but before he could get fully out he felt the need to say something else, to really push the error of the groups ways so that they could see it. "You know when we said we were going full kook...I didn't think this was what we meant by it. It's Pogues for life guys. Not this shit."

JJ pulled the door to the apartment open, wishing that he had said something when she was getting attacked. He ran down the steps but Junes car was already gone, the blonde shaking his head as he realized she had left. He seethed in anger at the fact he had fucked up again, taking just a little too long to defend her when he knew Sarah was wrong.

"Shit!"

______

Next chapter might take awhile it's gonna be  very important