ii.

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

it's amazing how a person
who was once a stranger
can suddenly mean
the whole world to you

EVERYONE's EYES IMMEDIATELY WIDENED AS THEY approached the place the key led them to. the hotel rooms were definitely not looked after and all the mess from Agatha still roamed the ground, looking like it hadn't been touched.

"i thought the chateau looked bad." JJ whistled, taking in the mess on the ground.

"this place is a shit show," Pope commented.

"motel or meth lab?" kie asked.

"you be the judge," Pope replied.

"this looks like a cosy place to smoke a joint. if only i saved the one i just rolled," Bambi said from the floor. she had just finished a joint and she was definitely already feeling the effects.

"doesn't look like the type of place someone with a Grady-white would stay." John B pointed out, everyone agreed with him.

"no. it looks like the type of place someone with a Grady-white would get killed." Pope corrected him, still staring at the messy building.

"what's with you and death," Bambi raised an eyebrow, genuinely asking.

"this is your captain speaking, HMS pogue comin' in for landing." JJ mimicked a walkie talkie and as soon as the boat came in contact with land, he jumped off and tied it up.

"all right," John B shrugged, getting ready to leave the boat, "here goes nothing."

just before John B got off the boat, pope stopped him, leaning on the metal bars, "don't let them do anything stupid."

Bambi and JJ looked at him for a second whilst they processed what he had just said, John B looked back at them and raised his eyebrows.

"oh, we will."

"sorry we are fun."

"i'm not making promises," John B shrugged, turning back to Pope who already knew that if JJ and Bambi got in trouble, it wasn't on John B.

"be careful." Kie told him, passing the keys to him, "i mean it."

oh? Bambi looked at JJ and raised her eyebrows and since he replied silently with the same expression, she knew he saw what she saw.

"we will." John B nodded, tapping JJ on the shoulder, "let's go!"

John B walked ahead and looked around at how messy the place was, "why are all these mattresses out here?"