xix.

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

don't chase people, be yourself,
do your own thing and love people. the right people. the ones who really belong in your life
will come to you, and stay.

THE POGUES PULLED UP TO THE ONLY place that they could see the airstrip without actually being there and John B opened his door, running over to the wire fence that separated them.

the pogues followed behind him but Kiara was the only person who asked what his plan actually was, "what's the plan? broad strokes."

"i don't think we got that far." John B replied, leaning his head on the wire as he tried his hardest to see what was going on.

pope, being the only one that had a pair of binoculars told them what was going on, "they're loading up the gold."

John B took them from him, bringing them up to his own eyes so he could know exactly what was happening without needing Pope to explain.

Bambi tried her hardest to see what was going on but since she couldn't, she sighed and sat down, "we need to get more binoculars if we're going to be getting into situations like this."

"Bambs, do we look like we are rich enough to spend money on more binoculars?" JJ raised an eyebrow, turning to her.

"we could have bought a million if Ward didn't steal our gold." she rolled her eyes, placing her chin in her hands, "he also took away a teenage girl's dreams of having her own weed den."

Pope turned to look at her this time, frowning at the remembrance of how much weed meant to her, "you'll live to not regret not having one."

"if my lungs hold up for that long." Bambi groaned, feeling like she couldn't cope without a joint in her hand, "Barry isn't my dealer anymore meaning, i have to smoke it less."

"now you can finally quit." Pope gave her a sarcastic smile.

Bambi stood up, looking at Pope, "no matter how many times you try to tell me, i'm never going to stop smoking."

"suit yourself." Pope shrugged, "don't say i didn't warn you."

"hey, i would really appreciate it if you didn't make fun of my girlfriend." JJ looked at Pope, placing an arm around Bambi when she walked over to him, "tone it down a little."

"yeah, Pope, don't make me get JJ." Bambi teased, the boy rolling his eyes in response.

still looking into the binoculars, John B lowered them, still staring into the distance, "what?"