xxvii

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

and like the moon, we all go through
phases of emptiness to feel full again.

THE CREW MINUS KIARA SAT OUTSIDE OF the mixed girls house in heywards car. pope had stole it so they could use it to get to Charleston as fast as possible.

the pogues didn't know that yet though, he just told them to go back to the chateau and wait there until he came and when he did, they jumped right in and began their journey.

Bambi was cuddled into JJs side, her head on her shoulder as she stared at the house in front of her. she couldn't be bothered with any conversation at the moment.

kiara walked out, her bag on her back and her parents following her. she stopped at the steps, giving the pogues a clear view of them. they couldn't hear anything though.

"looks like they're taking it well." JJ started a conversation, deciding he was bored of sitting in silence. still looking straight, he spoke to pope, "how'd you get this rig? i know your old man didn't let you have it."

"i undid the intake valves on the carburetor. made it start pinging." he told the boy who nodded along.

"and now your just gonna take it to your cousin jeff's house. just gonna get it fixed." JJ listed exactly what he was going to do.

"crash over night." they spoke at the same time.

"i think im rubbing off on you, pope." JJ realised, "lying to your old man, stealing his truck. kinda sounds familiar."

Pope didn't say anything back to the boy, instead he looked at Bambi, "can you control your boyfriend?"

Bambi let her eyes leave kiara and her parents as she raised her hands in defence, "i don't know what you want me to do, my job is to just sit here and look pretty."

the blonde wrapped an arm around the girl, kissing her head, "and your doing a good job at it too."

Bambi smiled and looked up at the boy, pouting her lips as she silently asked for a kiss in which he gave her. pope rolling his eyes at them.

"ide say we have about eighteen hours until he absolutely looses his shit." Pope carried on the conversation about the car, "so as long as we get it back before then, i think we're good."

their conversation was stopped when kiara stormed down the stairs, on about something about not going to a boarding school.

she rounded the car, JJ opening the door and Bambi following so the girl could get in and sit in the seat beside Pope.