v.

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

when your surrounded by all
these people,
it can feel lonelier than when
your by yourself

THE IDEA OF A PERFECT FAMILY IS USUALLY A MOM, A DAD AND their kids, right?
usually, people think of their parents as being madly in love and would go through anything to make sure their family is safe.

Bambi Routledge didn't think that though, she didn't want a family like that. it's not like she remembered her mom much so it was like she was never there and her dad, if she could even call him that, made her kid dreams of having a mom and a dad, get crushed.

Bambi thought the people she was with right now were her family, in fact, she didn't think, she knew. these are the people who stayed with her when she had nobody else.

it wasn't always like that though, John B never used to be around Bambi much when their dad was here, usually, he was out with him and JJ, trying to see who could catch the biggest fish.

he might have been there for John B, but was he there for her? no. he didn't even ask her if she was okay, he didn't wait up to make sure she came home and sometimes, he wouldn't speak to her for days.

so when she realised that was his compass, that also meant he had a chance of being alive, a chance of ruining the friend group.

the girl heard a soft knock on her door and soon after it opened and revealed her blonde best friend, a sad smile on his face.

"if your here to convince me to say sorry for saying that before, don't even try," she said immediately, knowing that it probably hurt John B's feelings.

"i'm not, i know how it feels to hate your dad." he sighed and took a seat on her bed, "you want to talk about it?"

Bambi bit the inside of her gums and looked at him, trying to hold her tears in and when JJ opened his arms, she immediately jumped into them and wrapped her arms around his.

she didn't say anything and JJ knew that the answer to his question was a no and he wasn't going to push it. she was like him, she pushed her feelings away so anybody else didn't have to worry about them.

"what did John B say?" she asked, leaning her head on his chest and looking at him.

"he was pretty mad about what you said but i'm sure he will forgive you." JJ sighed softly, drawing little patterns on the girls hand.

"i said what i said for a good reason, if he was in my position then he would say and feel the exact same. it's not my fault he was daddy's boy," Bambi scoffed and leaned her head back flat on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.