xxv.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

goodbyes are not forever,
goodbyes are not the end.
they simply mean, ill miss you
until we meet again.

THE RAIN HAD CLEARED UP AND TURNED
into a windy cool breeze as the pogues waited outside the murder scene. once they got back to the car, and took in what they actually saw, Kiara panicked and decided to call the cops.

Bambi still had her hood on her head even though it was completely soaked. she had her sleeves over her hands as she wrapped them around her stomach, trying to stay warm.

she was scared, she was scared for John B because how was he meant to come back home and enjoy his life? Ward was a powerful person, he could probably buy the whole island.

soon enough, police cars pulled up, their lights on but their sirens off. Shoupe got out of the car first, telling his crew to stay there as he followed the pogues to the top of the construction.

they explained what happened as Shoupe stayed silent, looking around to see if there was any sign of anyone being there but to their shock, it looked like the place had been untouched.

the pogues spoke fast, becoming out of breath as they tried to get everything out at once, their voices overlapping each other.

Shoupe stopped them, trying to calm down before he pointed at Kiara, asking just her to speak, "look, it was right here, and this is where that maniac claimed his next victim."

the older man looked at the pair, not believing a single word, "uh, huh, his next victim?"

Kiara nodded and Bambi could tell he didn't believe them, it was almost like everyone was playing a huge joke on them just so John B couldn't come home, "we watched it over there, i saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears."

"right." Shoupe stared at her before looking at his watch, "and how long ago did this happen?"

"Forty-five minutes ago, shoupe," JJ told him, the older man beginning to write on his little book where he kept his notes.

"and so, Ward Cameron just popped one off and shot him." Shoupe raised his eyebrows, the pogues nodding, "execution style? and then cleaned it all up in forty-five minutes?"

"obviously." Pope nodded, looking down at his camera, making it more obvious, "we filmed the whole thing."

"you filmed it?" shoupe repeated.

"yeah but then Kiara stepped on my hand and then i fell into JJ who fell into Pope, kicking him in the face and making the camera break," Bambi explained.