iii.

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

first, you take a drink
then the drink takes a drink
then the drink takes you

EVERYONE WHO LIVED ON THE OUTER Banks knew that the pogues were the best at throwing parties. maybe in figure eight, they would argue but everyone knew that in the end, they were wrong.

Bambi Routledge always knew how to make a party fun, though most people don't do them together, she let anyone have as much weed as they wanted after she had a drink—claimed it made you more sober but everyone knew it was a lie just so she could smoke some more.

The boneyard was where they threw big parties, although it wasn't an actual boneyard and it was just a beach, everyone came when they heard free alcohol was being given out, even kooks.

even though Bambi hated kooks, when they came to parties she threw they always had the best alcohol, all she needed to do was a little flirting and most of the time she got a full bottle of vodka, something she absolutely loved.

when she got drunk, she was a talkative girl and even though she stumbled everywhere, she wouldn't give up until she had talked to every single person that was there.

JJ Maybank was just like her, except he had a strict rule that he had promised himself to follow.

don't leave her on her own.

even though he tried his hardest to keep an eye on her, sometimes it got a little hard to keep up with her and he would have no idea where she is.

"—you think you can out-smoke me?" she raised an eyebrow, turning to a kook she had met not long ago, "you sure you won't die?"

she had been rolling joints for people in exchange for vodka bottles, this random kook was the first person to challenge her.

"Trust me, I smoke weed every day." he shrugged off, "it will probably take me a couple of joints to feel even a little bit high."

the girl turned to his friend with a raised eyebrow, she needed to make sure that if she gave the boy a joint, he wouldn't pass out or green out.

"he does smoke but not a lot, i don't recommend it." the boy shook his head.

"dude don't lie, i came here high so i plan to leave high." the boy slurred, he had been talking about how much he smoked that Bambi had forgotten to even get his name.

"if you pass out, that's on you." the brunette shrugged, licking the paper down before bringing it to her lips so she could light it.