vii.

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

what we have once enjoyed
we can never lose.
all that we love deeply,
becomes a part of us.

BAMBI SQUINTED HER EYES AND shined her flashlight on the walls of the old grave, careful to look out for any snakes that would make JJ start barking for the third time.

she didn't know how deep the grave went and she didn't want to know. if there was a chance of there being a dead body right beside her, she wanted to get out as soon as possible.

the girl was silent as she looked around, scared to make too much noise in case a ghost took over her for disturbing it's sleep.

"you alive? you got, like, a-a heartbeat and everything?" John B asked.

"i wish i didn't." the girl muttered, using the little light she had to look around some more, "uh, i need some more light."

"yeah, yeah. here. i gotcha." John B nodded, lifting his own lamp into the hole to help her.

since there was enough light now, the girl turned slightly and just before she was about to look somewhere else, a white envelope that was inside the wall, caught her eyes.

"you find anything, bambs?" JJ asked, not liking how silent she was being.

still not saying a thing, the girl picked up the piece of paper and raised her eyebrows when she saw another one in there.

taking them out, the girl read the front of them and her heart dropped. one said, bird and the other one said deer. the same nicknames their dad would call them.

deciding this was already creepy enough, Bambi rushed towards the entrance and put the envelopes through the hole, passing them to
John B, "JJ, you think you could help me out?"

"holy, shit. this is from my dad." John B gasped, looking at Pope.

"you've just nearly elbowed me!" JJ complained, wrapping his arms around Bambi's waist to help her out.

after being set down, Bambi turned to face him, "you just nearly dropped me on my head!"

deciding that today had already been traumatic enough, JJ decided to take the joint out of Bambi's pocket and light it before taking a pull and then passing it to her.

seeing light get closer to them, the best friends looked up and immediately panicked, "code red. code red. square groupers! square groupers."