xx.

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY

but in the end,
everyone turns out to be the person
they swore they'd never become.

THE POGUES SAT IN KIARAS CAR, JOHN B with his seat pulled back so he could lay down and away from anyone's vision that drove past.

Kiara sat in the driver's seat, Pope beside her and JJ in the back, beside John B with Bambi laying her head on his stomach and her legs across John B, half asleep.

the car was silent, the group not having anything to talk about so instead they just listened to the radio, and since it was just about Peterkin and her death, it didn't help much.

hearing a police siren, JJ sat up slightly to look around, Bambi groaning at the sudden loss of comfiness that made her feel more awake.

"stop moving around." she mumbled, running a hand over her face, "we've been in this car all night and i've had zero sleep."

"and still, no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin. the state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, a juvenile from-"

not wanting to hear anymore, Kiara shut the radio off, knowing that listening to it wouldn't be good for John B as it was pointed at him.

"let's game this out." JJ began, "maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but who are the cops going to believe?"

"Probably Ward." Bambi groaned, sitting up and moving to the middle seat in between JJ and John B, giving up on her beauty rest.

JJ nodded, agreeing with the girl who got straight to the point, "the accuser is a big shot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person."

he then looked at John B, "and the accused is John B. who is pretty much a homeless sixteen-year-old boy at the moment."

"thanks." John B replied, having no energy from the rough night they had.

"the chateau is probably getting raided." Bambi sighed, sitting up comfortably and running a hand through her hair, "probably found way too many skins and grinders in my room."

"so that makes two homeless sixteen-year-olds." JJ pointed out, making both twins turn to look at him, disappointed looks on their faces.

"well, this summer went great," Bambi remarked sarcastically, crossing her arms.

"Yucatan, all right?" JJ started, "i'm saying that's the only option, what other option do you have?"