xxiv.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

the beautiful thing about life is that you can always change, grow and get better
you aren't defined by your past,
you aren't your mistakes.

THE POGUES SAT IN THE CAR NOT FAR from Gavin's house. it was dark outside, the streetlights being the only light available. the pogues were in their usual seats, Kiara and Pope in the front whilst JJ and Bambi were in the back.

the next stage of the plan was calling the man and scaring him enough to get information out of him. if this didn't work then they had no other way of clearing John B's name.

Kiara was chosen as the one to call Gavin and JJ wasn't happy about it, "hold on, why does she get to tickle?"

Pope shrugged, "she's the best tickler."

Kiara held the phone in her hand, Gavin's number up and ready, "should i do an accent?"

Pope nodded, "definitely disguise your voice."

Kiara put on an English accent, making Bambi raise her eyebrows as soon as she heard it, "disguise my voice how? how would you like me to talk, like this?"

"not like that." Bambi shook her head, leaning her head on JJ's shoulder so she could get a clear look at the girl, "you sound posh."

"yeah, not like that." Pope agreed, "Batman."

"batman." the mixed girl repeated in a really deep voice, the pogues nodded.

she clicked the number on her phone, the screen changing and letting them know that the call was going through. Kiara placed it on loudspeaker, the group waiting in anticipation as it rang.

"hello?" a voice rang out of it a couple of rings later, Kiara replied in her deep voice but soon realised that she couldn't do it seriously.

she cleared her voice, changing back to her regular voice, "is Gavin there?"

"this is Gavin, whose this?" the voice replied, waiting for the long reply, "hello?"

"i know what happened on the tarmac," Kiara told the man, her voice clear and loud.

an awkward chuckle was let out by the man, telling Bambi that they had definitely found the right man, "uh..whose this?"

"it was Rafe Cameron." Kiara ignored his question, "but you already knew that, and you lied about it."

Gavin listened carefully, his stomach dropping at the wild accusation, "okay, who is this?"

Kiara ignored everything he asked still, she wanted to make sure that Gavin knew that he had been caught out and that no matter what, they were going to get to the end of it, "we're gonna prove it, you're guilty."