Thirty-Two*

[mature content]

Cass.

We had taken two cars, John's Lexus and Zayn's Jeep. It took everyone only a few hours to pack everything, but we were only limited to items that were essential. I don't think I have ever cried as much as I did whilst packing, never felt so broken when I folded and refolded my clothes after tossing them across the room in anger. Frames and photographs were torn and broken across my floor all in my haze. I tried calling my father, but his phone was out of reach which only postponed that issue.

John thought it was ideal that we all tossed our phones away, burning them in a small pit and watching the metal and paint melt away before our eyes. He checked, then double checked that there was nothing else but burnt metal and broken glass, even covering his nose from the smell whilst he inspected.

Our expressions were solemn, no one spoke unless needed. We found Niall and Louis outside of Harry's home, their suitcases already in hand as if they were already aware of our plan. In his rush, Zayn had managed to inform Quinn of our plans too, picking her up once we took off. Everything was set-or... almost everything. John's father promised to take care of most things, the pack, the company, our belongings, and even my father's safety which I was more than grateful to hear.

Harry, John, Niall, and I all sat in his Lexus in silence as the radio softly blared through the speakers. My head was resting behind the driver's seat, my eyes averted to the floor in shame and wonder of just what our plan was. I felt sick to the stomach after a while of feeling the car rumble and jump every time he had driven over a crack on the road. When I sat up I quickly glanced at Harry to see him in a crouched position with his hand over his forehead, covering his eyes.

I bit my lip in agitation, hesitating and overthinking whether I should talk to him or not. To say I was terrified was an understatement, but ignoring the issue would be an idiotic action. I had to face my problem, one way or another or it would come back and bite me in the ass. I stared up at the plain ceiling, the grey decor of the car seemed so bland and almost depressed me. Out of confusion I bit the inside of my cheeks and tongue, blinking profusely so no tears would fall. Every breath that exhaled from my nose only seemed to grow louder, no matter what I did.

I flinched and pat the pocket of my jeans and the inside of my jacket only to come up empty. "Shit, shit. Shit!" I whispered to myself and rubbed my temple with my index finger and thumb. I flinched once again when I felt a hand on my shoulder, and only when I twisted my head I saw Harry leaning over the centre seat and staring at me with concern. His brows were furrowed, the darkness underneath his eyes were more prominent. His face was the palest I have ever seen it.

"Are you okay?"

I sat there staring at him for a moment, switching from watching the pool of light green in his eyes to the hand that rested on my shoulder. He must've thought different because he removed any contact from me quickly, which honestly disappointed me. "Um," I stammered, staring at the leather seat in between us. "Your necklace... I... I forgot it... in my apartment. I-I'm so sorry."

He only nodded but I wanted more of a reaction from him. Harry only sighed and lay his head back, shutting his eyes before nodding once more. "Yep," he whispered. He sounded so distant, yet in reality he was merely centimetres away from me. Sometimes I felt his knee hit mine whenever he crossed his legs, or he would accidentally graze my hand with his elbow. And every time that he did touch me, whether accidental or not, he would flinch and wince to himself.

"The cabin isn't far now, we're nearing the secluded land," John called from the driver's seat. I stared in the overhead mirror and watched his eyes that were focused on mine for only a moment until I diverted my gaze to the floor. "Everything's going to be all right, you know?" I nodded, not bothering to even look up. I only rested my head in my palm and shut my eyes, feeling myself spiral down and succumb to a sleep that I desired to diminish all that has happened these past days, and wished for a life that was considered normal.