Nineteen

Today has been agonisingly slow. Without consent I snuck in my earphones, playing music to distract me from the silence this office possessed. I'd gone by today completely ignoring Harry as he had wished me to, which apparently would benefit me. Lies.

After realising the Boss wasn't present I had asked Alex about his whereabouts to which she shrugged and continued to stare out the window, watching the sun gleam and reflect through the clouds. Mary had completely ignored me, her and I only sharing a few sentences and greetings since my time here. I got the feeling she disliked me very much, and it was obvious with the glares I've gotten from her.

Quinn was my only go-to about anything, whether it was simply office gossip which she always had the dirtiest juice about everyone, or simply just asking questions. She told me the Boss had gone off on a very important business trip, which was odd seeing as though he would have given us at least a week's notice. But all she replied was that it was urgent and last minute.

Only seven minutes to go, I kept telling myself.

Quinn almost begged for me to agree with her to go on a shopping trip. She insisted that it was very important for us to bond seeing as we barely see each other outside of work. I never like shopping, not because of the long lines or the constant complaining that I've upped a few sizes, but because after countless of hours and hundreds of pounds spent I wouldn't be satisfied with my buying and my feet would hurt.

I only agreed because she promised to buy lunch, and that was an offer I won't physically be able to turn down... like ever.

"Wednesday, don't forget. I'll be your ride for the day," her finger pointed straight to my nose.

"Don't worry, I won't," it was impossible not to laugh or awkwardly chuckle. It was after Zayn literally held her shoulders and pulled her away from me was I able to get to my office and begin to pack up. I noticed with a side glance that he had his arm around her shoulders, pulling her so she lay her head against his chest as they walked. Quinn and Zayn were never ones to show any form of PDA because for two reasons, public display affections make everybody uncomfortable, and they're always too busy sketching their part for the comics. Although they'd do the occasional holding hands or quick peck, it was never a bother.

After not speaking to Harry today I noticed that I wasn't very expressive around the office. Besides the occasional chat with Andy, I never communicated well with Peter, Mary, or Mark since I never really saw them around. They were all so nice, waving or smiling as I walked passed and even offering to grab me a drink.

It finally hit 4 o'clock, Monday's workday had ended and I was thankful yet displeased how the remaining minutes had gone by so fast. When I am to go home I would do nothing but possibly clean, have another shower, watch some T.V, and catch up on the recent episodes of The Walking Dead. Probably. I remember Harry recommending the show, and after about a week I finally caught up. I threw my bag over my shoulder, deciding to carry any remaining paperwork in my hands and began to make my way to the elevator.

After possibly a few seconds there was a ding and the heavy metal doors slid open, revealing a very stressed looking Harry and Niall. Immediately after the saw me they cut off whatever they had been conversing about.

Awkwardly I stepped in, with a small smile. I realised G has already been pressed, so I had my back against the walls and sighed. "You can continue talking about whatever it was that has you both looking like you want to snap something," I say.

"We were finished anyway, wasn't important or anythin'," Niall replied with a simple shrug.

I rolled my eyes at his statement. "Whatever."