Ten

Cass.

The work environment has been a little off lately. Most of the guys have been closed off, or in their own casual—yet short—chats, ignoring anybody else whom tried to converse with them. I hadn't asked what was bothering them, but with their off moods had an effect on all of us. I'd decided to give up trying to lift their work spirit or anything really. Everybody has those days.

There was no usual morning chatter, or the groans of having to do too much paperwork. I had finished off all my main tasks, editing and finalising my column for the week; but not handing it in just yet. Sitting at my desk and not doing anything at all had me bored out of my mind, I'd run out of paper clips to throw at my magnet board. They'd somehow disappeared but I had my slight suspicions, and Harry had coincidentally stocked on his. 

Conversations throughout the whole office consisted mostly of one worded replies.

Would you like some tea?

No.

Are you hungry?

Nah.

Are you okay?

Yep.

That's as far as you'd go with a conversation with all 5 of them, unless they shrugged or grunted.

A loud shrill had caused me to jump on my seat and look to my left at the wall where Harry was behind. "Styles." He answered the call, his tone sounding slightly annoyed. I scooted my chair over so I could hear him clearer. "I don't think the best way to talk would be on the phone... Of course I'm not... I can't talk about this now, I'm trying to work... Yes I am working... I can assure you I am... Fine." 

He slammed the phone, to which I found my cue to casually sit back and act as if I wasn't listening on his telephone conversation, "Didn't you father ever tell you that it's rude to eavesdrop?" His head poked at the top of the barrier.

"Not that I can recall, no." I crossed my arms.

"You weren't a very discipled child were you?" 

I scoffed, "That's very hypocritical of you."

"You're annoying. Don't listen in on my calls."

I spun around and crossed my arms, "Why not? That your girlfriend," I mocked him.

"What are you, like 4? No it wasn't my girlfriend, not that it matters to you anyway." He pushed his hair back and adjusted his tie so it hung loosely over his collar. "Jealous?" And Harry Styles is officially back.

I shook my head, "What's there to be jealous about? You're you." I cocked a sly smile at him.

"Okay," he paused. "You have a slight bitchy attitude. Fix it." 

"Well Harry, being honest doesn't have to insinuate a bitchy attitude. You can't fix an attitude, it can only be... adjusted." 

He stammered with his words, looking around and pointing his finger at me and withdrawing. I had gotten him, he was speechless for once. "Shush." 

I rolled my eyes, "Mature."

"Now who's being the hypocrite? Don't listen in my conversations, and lose the 'honesty attitude' or whatever you'd like to call it. Really bloody irritating."

"I liked it better when you were monosyllabic." I flicked the pages in my notebook, jotting down a few notes and additional information. He grunted as a reply, typical boy. Everything was back to being mute, or almost. Just the sounds of flicking papers and the sounds of pens hitting pads. There was the faint phone ringing in the distance, but it didn't sound like it was from our floor.