Chapter Six: Pursuing Passion

Jisoo sees her students walking in and she’s slightly surprised when Yeri takes a seat on the front row rather than at the back as usual. Her surprise is quickly increased when her cousin is grinning at something Jennie said.

Jennie has wriggled herself between Chaeyoung and Yeri, making sure her best friend is sitting directly next to Lisa. She knows Chaeyoung still has a major crush on the short-haired woman, though her best friend has been taking it easy and has resorted to being Lisa's friend. That’s understandable because the breakup with Taehyung is fresh.

“How can you dislike hugs?” Chaeyoung asks Yeri. “Hugs are great.”

“It’s cheesy as fuck,” Yeri answers, grumbling.

“Ri’s more of a fist bump kind of gal,” Lisa says.

“True that,” Yeri confirms, giving Lisa finger guns. “Manoban knows me like the back of her hand.”

“I agree with Chaeng that hugs are great,” Jennie says, smiling mischievously. “Which is why you should all get one, starting with you,” she says as she puts her arms around Yeri. Rebel or not, Yeri isn’t as scary as she appears.

“Argh, gross,” Yeri mutters, though she brings her arms up around Jennie.

“See, hugs are nice,” Jennie says, sighing quietly. She wonders if Yeri really hates hugs because her new friend is hugging her for dear life, like she’s been starving for a hug.

Jisoo is baffled to see Jennie hugging Yeri and the fact that her cousin is hugging back. Joohyun would never believe this. A small smile tugs at her lips because Yeri is smiling and she can’t remember the last time her cousin had that kind of smile.

Jennie is an interesting student, always sketching in the park during the weekends and now having befriended Yeri who is generally avoided like the plague by other students. She doesn’t know what has prompted her cousin to become friends with Jennie or vice versa, though she can only cheer it on. Jennie can be a positive influence for Yeri and making friends is always good.

She’s so focused on that beautiful moment that she nearly forgets she has a class to teach.

“Do y’all wanna hang at Siesta later?” Yeri asks quietly. “I got some smokes, if you’re interested.”

“I can’t,” Jennie answers, having to pass it up because she already has different plans. “I’ll join another time though.”

“I’m down for it,” Lisa says, nodding at Yeri.

Chaeyoung shifts nervously. “Same,” she says, nodding.

“Psst,” Mino whispers, tapping Jennie's shoulder.

Jennie turns around to look at him.

“Yes?” she asks, hoping she’s not disturbing the class.

Then again, Professor Kim has yet to begin.

Mino's eyes flit from Jennie to Yeri and then back to Jennie.

“I’m throwing another party this weekend,” he whispers. “You should come and you can bring them too.”

“Cool, I’ll be there,” Jennie replies, ignoring the fact that Mino is looking at Yeri as if he thinks she’s going to kill him. Her new friend can be rather intimidating, but she knows better by now. “I think we will all be there,” she corrects herself when her friends nod.

Jisoo clears her throat to gather the attention of her students, who have chit chatted long enough.

-