Chapter Nineteen: Holiday Vacation

“I’m going to miss you babes during the holidays,” Lisa says before sipping from her drink.

“Same,” Chaeyoung says, sighing. “It’s going to be a bummer.”

“It’ll pass fast,” Yeri says. “Plus, we can always chat.”

“Ri has a point,” Jennie agrees, although she’ll miss her friends too. She’s going to spend Christmas and New Year’s at her father’s, since her contact with her mother is mostly ruined. She plans to spend some time with Jisoo as well, a lot actually.

“Y’all's birthdays are going to come up soon,” Chaeyoung says, wrapping her fingers around her second glass. “It’s unfair that I’m the youngest.”

“I think it is sweet you’re the youngest,” Lisa replies, winking before taking another sip from her drink.

“I’ll pay for a keg here in Siesta for my birthday,” Yeri says. “Just the four of us, it’s going to be chill.”

“I can feel the oncoming headache already,” Jennie mumbles. She knows Yeri turns twenty early in January. Lisa is second to turn twenty, halfway in January. She turns twenty near the end of January. It’s nice that it’s all in the same month, save from Chaeyoung who doesn’t turn twenty until the summer.

“Maybe we can throw one big party in the middle of January,” Lisa suggests. “For the three of us,” she says to Jennie and Yeri.

“I can get on board with that,” Jennie replies, because if she’s going to get hammered she’d rather not repeat that three times in the same month.

“Sure why not,” Yeri agrees. “I’ll arrange the booze."

“Are you into someone, Ri?” Jennie asks, remembering that she told Chaeyoung she would ask sometime.

Yeri raises an eyebrow up. “Way to be random,” she answers, smirking. “I don’t know,” she says, shrugging. “Some girls are nice to look at and stuff.”

“Lots of girls are nice to look at,” Lisa says to Yeri. “The three of you for example.”

“You are the most,” Chaeyoung says to Lisa.

“I’m surprised you don’t tip your chair over anymore when I smile at you."

“Fuck you, Manoban,” Chaeyoung groans.

Jennie chuckles, never going to grow tired of the fact that Lisa knew even then how obvious Chaeyoung was being.

“When and where?” Lisa asks Chaeyoung, keeping eye-contact.

Chaeyoung gasps and ends up knocking her drink over, causing it to spill over her lap.

“Getting wet already?” Lisa teases, unrelenting.

Yeri snickers at that. “You need to step it up,” she says to Chaeyoung.

“Fuck this,” Chaeyoung mutters. She leans over the table, fists Lisa's shirt and pulls her into a searing kiss.

“Wow,” Jennie says, shocked by Chaeyoung's bold move.

“Damn, Chaeng,” Lisa says. “That was… damn. You’re one hell of a kisser. Do that again."

“You two need a room,” Yeri comments.

“Ri is right,” Jennie agrees. “I should get going to pack some of my things.”

“Don’t forget to text us every day,” Chaeyoung says.

“I might visit my cousins during the holidays,” Yeri says. “Maybe you’ll see me around once or twice, Jen."