Chapter Sixteen: Successful Date

“We’re here,” Jennie says with a beaming smile. “Though I must add that this is only the beginning of our date, this isn’t all of it.”

“Pottery class,” Jisoo says, reading the sign. “I have never done this before,” she confesses, unsure how to even begin doing that.

“That’s okay,” Jennie replies, secretly having hoped this would be new for Jisoo. She has done this a few times and of course she’d love to help her. “I’ll give you a hand, both even.”

Jisoo contains the urge to shake her head at Jennie's naughty smile. She follows the girl inside and takes a seat when Jennie gestures at one.

“Okay, so I’m just… going to,” Jennie explains awkwardly as she sits down behind Jisoo. She moves her hands slowly from Professor Kims’ shoulders, down her arms, until she reaches her hands.

Jisoo can tell that Jennie is enjoying this. The girl feels warm, all pressed up against her back. She’s relieved that it’s not the other way around because she doesn’t want Jennie to feel that she’s different from most women.

“Take a deep breath,” Jennie whispers, kissing Jisoo's neck as she runs her hands back up her arms, slowly to her shoulders. “Relax,” she says, kneading Professor Kims’ shoulders, feeling how tense she is.

Jisoo would find it significantly easier to relax if Jennie's hands wouldn’t be over her like that. She puts her hands on the clay, feeling the girl moving her hands down her arms again until they reach her hands to help her shape the clay as the machine is on.

Jennie tries to cover up a laugh when Jisoo's hands slip, causing the clay to be quite deformed.

“I thought you were going to help me, Jennie,” Jisoo says, hearing the girl giggling quietly.

“You’re right,” Jennie replies, moving her hands up and down Jisoo's arms again. She can get used to doing this. “We could switch places if you want,” she offers. “Then you can place your hands on mine and feel how I do it.”

“That won’t be necessary,” Jisoo says, needing to decline Jennie's offer. “I will manage.”

Jennie tries to be serious again as she helps Jisoo shape the clay. “I know you have cousins, but do you have any siblings?” she asks, wanting to get to know Professor Kim even better.

“No, I have always been an only child,” Jisoo answers, which was okay with her. “Joohyun is my cousin, though she feels like a sister to me.”

“I was used to being an only child and when I heard about Lia and Jinhwan I wasn’t happy at first,” Jennie says, wishing she wouldn’t have reacted so negatively back then. “I was jealous because I felt like my dad had replaced me. By now I know better.”

It amazes Jisoo how open and honest Jennie speaks about her feelings. She can’t picture being that vulnerable, although she would say she has already shown some vulnerability around the girl.

“You were his only child and you struggled with the reality of having to share his love with others,” she says, which is what she grasped from what Jennie said.

“Yeah, I did,” Jennie confirms, because that’s what it was. “I was worried he wouldn’t love me as much anymore as he always did. I worried I’d have to compete with Lia and Jinhwan, and it didn’t help at the time that they lived in his house while I’ve always lived with my mother."

“This must be the most crooked pot ever,” Jisoo says when they’re done. “I thought you had done this before."

“I was a little bit distracted by your beauty,” Jennie replies, smiling as Jisoo's lips part just a little bit. “If we wash our hands we can go to the next place."