Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Three Of Us

A/N: I'll make an epilogue since the original story doesn't have it. Keep updated everyone.🤗

•••

“Joy finally found her own place I take it?” Joohyun asks, sighing as she crosses her arms. “Xiumin called me to say she went to his place to collect her belongings."

“Yes, she found an apartment somewhere,” Jisoo answers, not having too many details about it. All she knows what Jennie has told her, which is that Joy left the room she shares with Yeri because she found a small place. “How is Xiumin holding up?”

“He’s not taking it well, but that’s understandable,” Joohyun answers, shaking her head. “When Yeri had all that trouble with Sooyoung he took her in and what does he get in return? He had to see his girlfriend cheating on him with his sister, which is really messed up.”

“Joy can’t be trusted,” Seulgi cuts in. “Yeri seems to be over the moon for her, but who is to say Joy won’t go and cheat on her as well once she gets bored?”

“Mhmm,” Joohyun hums, nodding her head. “Once a cheater always a cheater,” she says coldly.

Jisoo isn’t going to object to that statement, considering she wouldn’t trust someone who has cheated. She follows Seulgi's concern, worrying Joy might end up breaking Yeri's heart like she has broken Xiumin's.

“Relationships with someone who is younger can work,” Joohyun says cautiously while looking at Jisoo. “However, Joy wants children, which is something Yeri isn’t ready for.”

“Precisely,” Seulgi agrees. “Relationships like that could work,” she says, now looking at Jisoo too, “but only if those involved are on the same page.”

“With you and Jennie it is fine,” Joohyun says bluntly to Jisoo, as if it wasn’t clear already that she chose her words carefully. “You’re both on the same page because you’re not waiting around to have children.”

“Joy claimed she wouldn’t mind waiting a few years, but I’m not sure if that’s true,” Seulgi says. “Even if she believes that to be true, she might decide after a year or so that she can’t wait anyway.”

“You’re both right,” Jisoo agrees, exhaling loudly. Age differences are fine when it’s all legal, but not being on the same page complicates things, which makes her happy that she doesn’t have that kind of issue with Jennie.

“It’s not even sure Yeri would ever want children,” Joohyun points out, “once Joy realizes that things could turn sour fast, because that can be a deal breaker in a relationship.”

“Definitely,” Seulgi says, nodding in agreement. “If Joohyun wouldn’t have wanted a child I’d have had a hard time staying by her side, even though I love her with all my heart.”

“Good thing we’re on the same page,” Joohyun says to her wife. She smiles and pulls Seulgi in her arms, kissing her.

“Yeri has made her fair share of mistakes, but she has also suffered a lot,” Jisoo says, sighing. "I’m worried Joy might have taken advantage of the fragile state she was in throughout the summer, when the tension between them began. You both weren’t there that night she showed up all battered and bruised on my doorstep. I believe Joy could have stopped Yeri and Xiumin from fighting each other. I’m worried that perhaps she wanted them to fight for her, worried she gets a thrill out of it, but I’m just fishing here."

Joohyun sighs loudly and grumbles while she makes coffee. “If everything between Joy and Yeri doesn’t get messed up by the time the summer vacation hits, I guess we’ll know where she’s going to be staying,” she says, pouring a cup of coffee.