Chapter Eight: Broken Professor

Jisoo bites her bottom lip hard enough to draw blood. She entered her bedroom to see if Jennie would be awake yet, only to find her sleeping on her ex's side of the bed. It hurts her heart that she used to be able to watch Jiyeon sleep.

No, I over her. I has to be. Love is weakness.

Jennie's chest is rising and falling gently. Her hair is tussled and spread like an angelic halo on the pillow. She looks peaceful as she sleeps.

Jisoo thinks of leaving her bedroom to avoid being some kind of staring creep just when those cat-eyes flutter open.

"Good morning, Jennie," she whispers, in case the girl has a massive headache.

"Mhmm," Jennie hums, rubbing at her eyes. She moves to sit up, feeling very confused as she

realizes she's still wearing her dress and this isn't her bed. "Morning, Professor Kim," she says, her voice rough with sleep. "Where am I?"

"You're at my house," Jisoo answers, understanding that Jennie must be confused right now. "You

were at the park last night, where I found you and you fell asleep. I brought you here and you slept."

"I don't really remember," Jennie replies, whishing she could. "If this is your bed, where did you sleep?"

"On my couch," Jisoo answers, which isn't exactly the most comfortable place.

"I'm sorry I burdened you," Jennie says, sighing.

"You haven't," Jisoo assures. "If you want to shower, my bathroom is the first door on the right. I can lend you some clothes and there is breakfast in case you're hungry."

"That's very kind of you," Jennie replies, finding it sweet that the Professor is being so caring. She notices her professor's hands and frowns. "What happened to your hands?"

Jisoo coughs and tries to hide her hands quickly, regretting that she forgot to put her gloves back on.

"Nothing," she answers, refusing to look at Jennie.

Jennie gets up from the bed and walks over to the Professor.

"Let me see," she says, making gestures with her hands for the Professor to show her hands.

Jisoo sighs and reveals her hands. "It's nothing," she insists.

"These wounds can get infected if they're not properly looked after," Jennie says, studying Professor Kims' hands. "Do you have a medical kit? If not, I have one and I can come back with it."

"I have one in my bathroom," Jisoo answers, surprised when Jennie walks away and returns with it.

Jisoo doesn't say a word as the girl tends to her hands. The antiseptic stings, though she doesn't hiss.

When Jennie is done bandaging Jisoo's hands, she presses a kiss on them.

"So they will heal faster," she explains with a smile.

"Thank you, Jennie," Jisoo says respectfully. "How does your head feel?"

"Like I've been intimate with a wall," Jennie answers, smiling when the Professor laughs. "I like your laugh," she says before she can think better of it.

Jisoo snaps her mouth shut and gets up to leave.

“I’ll be in the kitchen with breakfast,” she says quietly. “There is aspirin in my bathroom if you want to take one.”

-

Jennie moves her fork around, feeling a bit uncomfortable with the silence.