Chapter Seventeen: Officially Yours

Jisoo positions her guitar, hoping she won't sound too rusty. "Which song would you like to hear, "Jennie?" she asks, adjusting the strings.

"Anything, really," Jennie answers, placing her elbows on her knees while resting her face in her hands. "I just want to hear you play."

"Very well then," Jisoo replies, getting ready to play. It makes her smile how Jennie looks like she can't decide between looking at her or looking at her guitar.

Jennie is expecting Jisoo to play guitar and nothing else, but when she opens her mouth to sing she is stunned.

"Hold

Hold on

Hold onto me

'Cause I'm a little unsteady

A little unsteady,"

Jennie hears how raw and honest Jisoo sounds and she has a feeling that song wasn't a random selection. She will gladly hold on to her anytime she wants her to. It strikes a chord within her to hear the way Jisoo's voice cracks the slightest bit when she sings she's unsteady.

"Hold

Hold on

Hold onto me

'Cause I'm a little unsteady

A little unsteady

Momma

Come here

Approach

Appear

Daddy

I'm alone

'Cause this house doesn't feel like home,"

Jennie knows that Jisoo's mother left, which is awful and she can't grasp how a parent can abandon their child. If she would ever have children she can't imagine herself ever abandoning them. Those who left Jisoo are dumb and are missing out on this amazing woman she's getting to know better as time goes on.

"If you love me

Don't let go

If you love me

Don't let go,"

Jisoo doesn't get any further than that because she's cut off by Jennie's lips, which she doesn't mind. She holds on to her guitar with one hand and brings the other up to the girl's cheek. When she kisses Jennie she feels a little less unsteady.

Jennie attempts to pour everything she feels into her kiss. She wants to be whatever Jisoo needs, a friend, a lover, an anchor, anything. Their kiss breaks when they both need air.

"We should go to bed," Jisoo says as she gets up to put her guitar aside. It's late and she doesn't want to deprive Jennie of any more sleep. "I will get you comfortable pajamas."

"Just a shirt is fine," Jennie replies, not needing more than that to sleep in.

Jisoo walks to her bedroom, followed by Jennie. She opens her closet to hand the girl a black shirt.

"You can go to the bathroom first, I will wait."

"Okay," Jennie replies, accepting the shirt. "I won't take long."

Jisoo sits down on the edge of her bed while Jennie is in the bathroom. She will sleep with a pair of long pajama pants and an oversized dark grey shirt. Maybe it's crazy that she went out on a date with the girl and that they kissed, but all of it felt right. She didn't apply for a job at SU with the idea of getting involved with a student, because something like that couldn't be foreseen.