Chapter Twenty: Work of Art

Jisoo weaves her fingers through Yeji's hair to braid it. "I finally got around getting a guestroom ready," she says to Joohyun and Seulgi.

"That's good to know," Joohyun replies. "If we ever need you to watch Yeji for a weekend, we'll let you know."

"It could serve that purpose," Jisoo says, not opposed to the idea. She knows Joohyun and Seulgi both invest a lot of time in Yeji and it could be pleasant for them if they have a weekend to themselves sometime.

"We will probably go to Paris in the summer," Joohyun says to Jisoo. "My father already offered to have Yeji spend the summer with him."

"Yeji could always stay with you for a few days though," Seulgi says to Jisoo. "The time can be split."

"We'll see when the summer comes around," Jisoo replies, not wanting to make any decisions yet. She knows her uncle Seunghyun adores Yeji because he's her grandfather.

"SU found the culprit who was responsible for having messed with the vending machines," Joohyun announces, thunder written on her face. "It was a small group of students and they have been expelled. Charges have been pressed against them and they will need to pay your hospital bill."

"It's a shame that incident took place," Joohyun says, finding it saddening that some students would think something like that is funny. It was a dangerous act and she isn't the only one on campus who is allergic to nuts. "Who were the responsible students?"

"A ragtag group of wannabe rebels," Joohyun answers, sighing. "From what I heard Kim Taehyung was the one who gave them the idea and helped them with the prosecution of it."

"You should press charges as well," Seulgi says to Jisol. "I know the school already pressed charges, but you had a severe allergic reaction and you could have died."

"Don't die, Aunt Ji," Yeji says.

"I won't," Jisoo assures Yeji. "When it comes to pressing charges, yes, I will press charges," she says to Joohyun and Seulgi. If it was a minor incident she could have let it slide, but it wasn't minor at all. That joke nearly cost her life and it brought dozens of others in danger as well.

"I had hoped so," Joohyun replies, sounding relieved. "I've contacted a lawyer for you already."

"How did they find out who did it?" Jisoo asks, surprised that finally they know.

At first it had seemed the truth would never come to light. It's a relief it has now so the responsible people can be punished for it and hopefully learn to never do such a thing again.

"There was another student who caught them doing it and recorded the evidence," Joohyun answers, pulling her phone out of her pocket to show it to Jisoo. "Students and their videos," she mutters in disapproval. "It's on YouTube."

Jisoo watches the video and shakes her head. "The student who filmed this could have warned the school," she says, disappointed by the choices some people make. "I think I know which lawyer you called for me. It's been a while since we saw Jieun."

"Yeji, we're going to the store for a bit," Seulgi says, holding her hand out when Jisoo is done braiding Yeji's hair. "You two can talk while we're gone," she says to her wife and to Jisoo.

"Wait," Joohyun replies, halting her wife. She cups her cheeks and kisses her. "I'll see you soon. I love you."

"I'll be back in less than an hour," Seulgi whispers, kissing her wife back. "I love you too."

Jisoo smiles at their interaction and she hopes that if she ever reaches ten years of marriage with someone it will be something similar to what her cousin has with Seulgi. She finds it endearing how they look at each other with sparkles in their eyes like they hang up the stars for each other. It gives her hope that true love might not be lost and maybe, just maybe, love isn't weakness after all.